Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Parkflyers Gee-Bee Servos

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Parkflyers Gee-Bee Servos

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:14 PM
yoyoer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkflyers Gee-Bee Servos

I got my Gee-Bee 3D a couple of weeks ago. But, I haven't flown that much so I crashed my plane.
After I saw the damage I taped up the plane but when I was testing the servos I found that
the servo controlling the ailerons was broken, and when I took it apart I saw that a couple teeth on
one of the gears broke of so it won't catch with the other gears.
On the Parkflyers website it seems to be that this servo is the MPI Mx-50?
But the Mx-50 servo is orange and the ones on my plane were black with no brand name markings so does
anybody know where I could get replacement gears that might work for this servo? I also heard about gears
breaking with the servos in Typhoons some people were getting.
[][sm=confused.gif]
Old 06-27-2006, 02:45 AM
netdudeuk

Default RE: Parkflyers Gee-Bee Servos

ORIGINAL: yoyoer

I got my Gee-Bee 3D a couple of weeks ago. But, I haven't flown that much so I crashed my plane.
After I saw the damage I taped up the plane but when I was testing the servos I found that
the servo controlling the ailerons was broken, and when I took it apart I saw that a couple teeth on
one of the gears broke of so it won't catch with the other gears.
On the Parkflyers website it seems to be that this servo is the MPI Mx-50?
But the Mx-50 servo is orange and the ones on my plane were black with no brand name markings so does
anybody know where I could get replacement gears that might work for this servo? I also heard about gears
breaking with the servos in Typhoons some people were getting.
[][sm=confused.gif]
I used these for their Edge [link]http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5720[/link] and they fit straight in.

If they use the same servo then something like this would do. Compare the case size details, etc with something like the HS-55 and the S75.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:08 PM
yoyoer

Thanks for the info. I think the planes use the same servos so I will probably either
get the HS-55 but, I was also looking at this E-sky 8gram servo, [link=http://www.rchotdeals.com/Products/rc/Servos/EK0500.html]Here.[/link]
The E-sky servo seems to be a bit better than the HS-55 with almost the same weight,
a little more torque, and it costs less also. But, I was wondering what kind of plug does the S75 or what
plug is compatible with the Parkflyers planes?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:14 PM
netdudeuk

ORIGINAL: yoyoer

Thanks for the info. I think the planes use the same servos so I will probably either
get the HS-55 but, I was also looking at this E-sky 8gram servo, [link=http://www.rchotdeals.com/Products/rc/Servos/EK0500.html]Here.[/link]
The E-sky servo seems to be a bit better than the HS-55 with almost the same weight,
a little more torque, and it costs less also. But, I was wondering what kind of plug does the S75 or what
plug is compatible with the Parkflyers planes?
Well, all I can say is that I have mixed and matched the PF RX and servos with other brands of RXs and servos. The GWS 6 channel RX for example. I'd expect just about any of the micro / mini / pico servos to work with that RX but you could ask on the RC equipment forum for confirmation.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:57 PM
yoyoer

Ok, thanks for the good info.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:08 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

www.rc-dymond.com

check out their D47 servos, 4.7 grams and 21oz torque. Can't beat that. These are excellent quality german made servos, they would be overkill in that geebee but still come in lighter than hs55's

I have them in most of my planes and some of them have well over 100 flights on them, some of which didn't end as well as i would have liked...

Highly recomended. Wish my lhs stocked them It sucks having to order across the continent just for a couple of servos.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:03 PM
yoyoer

Those servos are really awesome. They are a really good price too.
I think I will definately get those on my next plane. But, for right now
I have to get the E-sky 8 gram servos because I'm really low on cash, and
I also need a new motor shaft for my BP 21 motor and the only place
that I could find the shaft was at [link=http://www.rchotdeals.com]rchotdeals.com[/link].
Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

yoyoer, i once replaced a bp21's shaft with one i had in my box of miscelaneous parts. I'm pretty sure it was a gws, the kind you get in most arf's stock power system.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:09 AM
yoyoer

Oh, ok. But I don't really have spare parts around because this is only my second plane, my first plane was a hobbyzone firebird II ST
which wouldn't have the right motor shaft.