Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

which one: airfoilz yak 54 or revolution 3d

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

which one: airfoilz yak 54 or revolution 3d

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 07:35 PM
nikolai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which one: airfoilz yak 54 or revolution 3d

Looking to learn some 3d flying. After hours of research i have narrowed it down to the airfoilz yak 54 and the revolution 3d. have read pretty much everything in the forums and understand why one is suppose to be better than the other, i.e. epp vs. depron, built up wing vs. solid... Would like to get opinons from experienced 3d flyers regarding these 2 wings only.
if you were after a good trainer/good flyer/strong airframe, which one would you choose? thanks mike
Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 AM
mikeygp
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: which one: airfoilz yak 54 or revolution 3d

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike it really depends in you and how you plan on learning. If you plan on going out with no sim time and just trying to wing it EPP is defiantly the right choice. The AirfoilZ planes fly better then EPP but they are not as crash worthy. I would say this if you have some sim time practicing 3D then go with the AirfoilZ they are plenty durable enough to take the low slow hits that happen when you 3D but if this is going to be your first 3D training go then EPP route for sure. If you get the AirfoilZ it will be easier to 3D due to the rigid design not near as much flex in the controls surfaces and the plane will respond immediately to every input you make. The AirfoilZ flies better there is no question about that the Revolution Crashes better. Either way have fun with what ever you get. I hope I helped anything else please ask.