Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Byp Yak..Oooh yeah

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 PM
ifixairplanes
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Byp Yak..Oooh yeah

Went to my LHS and ordered one today. I have a turmoil, but after 2 flying sessions it has gotten pretty beat up. As soon as I destroy it, the set up will be going into the byp-yak. Can anyone comment on the performance of the yak with a rimfire 22m-1000 BL and 12a esc? I will be using a berg rx with futaba 3110 servos.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:22 PM
marcwv
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Byp Yak..Oooh yeah

Sorry I don't have any info about the equipment.But the Byp-yak is very delicate . It breaks very easily. It's an indoor competition model. Any mistakes and it's broke.
It is one of the best flying foamy's .
Regards, Marc
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 PM
malcolmm

ORIGINAL: marcwv

Sorry I don't have any info about the equipment.But the Byp-yak is very delicate . It breaks very easily. It's an indoor competition model. Any mistakes and it's broke.
It is one of the best flying foamy's .
Regards, Marc
I wouldn't say the Byp Yak is very delicate. I always fly mine outdoors. It can handle maybe a 10 mph wind.

I would say just about any foamie is delicate if you crash one.

Malcolm
Old 11-10-2006, 05:50 AM
VictoryRoll-91

I would have to agree somewhat with Marc, although it is delicate, outdoor flight wasn't really a problem for me. (or atleast not until my esc failed, and I lost ALL control, it nosed straight is, front part broken off, repairable though.)
Old 11-10-2006, 09:44 AM
BigRubba

I like mine, I always fly outside. seams to be stronger then my RC universe bype atleast i can land it with out it repairing it.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Huckaneer

I like the byp yak. It is a competition plane and it flies like one. You can do anything with it. Anything will get broke if you hit it in the ground hard enough but it will stand up to a fair amount of abuse. Good luck with yours.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:21 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like mine as well. i only fly it outdoors and it does fine with winds <10mph. It hovers all day long and is pretty stable.

I'm not sure how your electronics will hold up. Best thing to do is compare the weight of the rimfire to the weight of the e-flite outrunner 370 that is recommended for the byp yak. I've heard of others using a different motor and they were not happy with the results.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

I use the Rimfire. It puts out great power for the Byp Yak, and weighs the same as the Park 370. Hovers around half with great pullout.