Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Best 3D plane

Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 AM
-StephenSampson-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 3D plane

hey i bought a eflight 370 motor speed control micro servos etc because the club im in has been doing indoor flying. i bought it and a tensor hoping to fly inside but it was pretty big for this gym. I crashed the tensor about 4 times ( because it got real weak after the first ) it flew good outside but was heavy so not so good inside. i was flying it on 3cell 800mah POLYQUEST batteries.

screw indoor flying...what would be an all around good plane for this setup ( i dont care if i need to use different batteries and discard mine for a bit ) but i want a good 3D plane. The tensor flew too good. any way you pointed it no corrections it was hard to get used to. i was wondering if the 370 ( 1080kv ) would be enough for maybe the eflight yak 54 or if i should consider a byp yak. any suggestions appreciated.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Truglodite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best 3D plane

that motor should work well in both of the eflight planes you mentioned. which one is best depends of what type of flying & where. the yak54 will cut wind and grace pattern moves better, the bipe will have less coupling to deal with during slower 3D moves.