3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Typhoon 2 by ParkZone

Old 12-12-2007, 08:08 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Typhoon 2 by ParkZone

ORIGINAL: manspray

I have had a parkzone slo-v and a parkzone J3 cub BL for a while now and want to move into 4 channel, should I get the typhoon 2, or some other 4 channel plane?
A Typhoon 2 is more of a 3D type plane with very quick response to slight control inputs. It is very easy to fly..... once you get used to it... but quite a challange until you do. I went from the J3 Cub to other aileron planes before going to the Typhoon making my transition easier for me.

If you go with the Typhoon 2, make sure you have someone who is experienced handle the maiden flight for you to make sure everything is well balanced and properly trimmed before you take over the controls. You will also learn how to take off and land safely.

The Typhoon is a very tough plane and can be easily glued back together in case of an unintended landing. Also, parts are very reasonable and readily available. I've been flying the original Typhoon for a couple of years (I'm on my second fuselage) and if something would happen to it, I would buy a Typhoon 2 right away. It's a great plane backed by a great company.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 AM
BryFlyGuy67

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: manspray

I have had a parkzone slo-v and a parkzone J3 cub BL for a while now and want to move into 4 channel, should I get the typhoon 2, or some other 4 channel plane?
One hting to add is that if you have RealFlight, you can download a free model of the Typhoon 2. This has helped me a lot in getting used to the plane.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:45 AM
sonicjet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Even better if you have realflight g3 you can try before you buy:[link=http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=3610]rf g3.5 typhoon2 3d[/link]
Old 12-15-2007, 09:45 PM
manspray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

anyone have suggestions for what to do with the 5th channe.l I thought about flaps.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:17 PM
rjb63

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BryFlyGuy67

One hting to add is that if you have RealFlight, you can download a free model of the Typhoon 2. This has helped me a lot in getting used to the plane.
I recently bought a used copy of RF 3.5: Where can I get the free copy of the Typhoon 2? It would be nice do improve my flying with this plane over the winter!

Thanks,

Ray
Old 12-18-2007, 01:01 PM
cjshaker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It is available at the RealFlight G3 swap pages. You need a free registration
to download.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...o=file&id=2182

Chris Shaker
Old 12-19-2007, 12:35 PM
rjb63

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate your help.

Ray
Old 12-20-2007, 10:56 PM
manspray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hey guys I just got my typhoon2 today and put it together. The only thing is the plastic spinner won't come off so I can attach the prop! Can anyone help me?
Old 12-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Hance

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I picked up the Typhoon 2 as a christmas present for myself awhile back. Opened it up today to find a dead servo Guess I am stuck flying one of the 3 other planes or my helicopter until i get replacement parts.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Hance

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

hmm tore the servo apart and found a crap solider joint and fixed it. its working now but do i chance my new plane on my fix job. I guess if the factory isnt smart enough to do it right I have as much faith in my work as theirs.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:21 PM
cjshaker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I found that it would unscrew. The prop shaft is threaded, and the rubber spinner is a tight fit.
After you take it off and put it on a few times, it should be easier.

Chris Shaker

> hey guys I just got my typhoon2 today and put it together. The only thing is the plastic spinner won't
> come off so I can attach the prop! Can anyone help me?
Old 12-26-2007, 01:34 PM
BryFlyGuy67

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry to say, but I had a big problem with one of the servos on my Typhoon 2 as well. For me, it was the elevator servo. I bought it from Horizon and they did ship me a replacement servo very quickly and I got installed in no time one a few people here told me the right way to replace a servo in a foamie.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:07 AM
iamman711

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey all I have 2 questions. I just purchased the RTF version that comes with lipo, charger, radio, and receiver and have 2 concerns:

1) My battery lipo charger takes more than 4 hours.. actually I've still been waiting for it to show a solid green light to indicate charging is complete. All I get is blinking red and green lights (normal charging plus conditioning). How long does it take to charge completely? 5 hours? I unplugged it and tested voltage with voltmeter and the voltage was around 12 volts which means its good to go, but why doesnt the green light go solid for me like its supposed ta.

2) I am really concerned about my upcoming maiden flight because I don't have a quality radio and receiver. I've read the reviews on rcuniverse and I want to know if problems with interference, etc .happens to everyone or just some people. Does anyone use the radio and receiver that comes with the RTF? How does it perform for you? I don't want to spend $300 on a new radio because I'm tight on money right now. I don't want to buy a $200 radio because you know what they say buy cheap buy twice. Aye dillemna, unless of course someone can tell me they haven't had problems with the stock transmitter/receiver.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:22 AM
fpshell

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Greetings...

I went thru the same frustration with my Charger. However, on the third attempt to get answers from Customer Service, the technician suggested I reduce the setting to "1.0" on the charger instead of the higher recommended setting. Within thirty minutes I got the Solid Green.

Just a thought.

Am flying less demanding planes while I gain experience before flying the Typhoon, but I am using the equipment on other planes with no problems.

Fred
Old 02-09-2008, 12:17 PM
iamman711

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I plan to fly monday. my first plane ever.

thanks for your reply I'll try that charger trick.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 PM
iamman711

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i'm from norwalk, ca but I was born in fdafds, IL according to my profile.

I see that you're from whittier. do you fly at a park or at a flying field? whittier narrows? my people fly at cerritos high or next to los alamitos racing track and costco in cypress.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:04 PM
iamman711

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

anyone have a recommendation for expo, dual rate and endpoint settings to tame my typhoon 2? i saw this question posted in a wattflyer forum thread but no responses, and i thought it was a very good question.

basically, the zx10 radio included in the RTF has expo built in, but now that i am changing to a new radio (spektrum), am interested in knowing the optimal expo, dual rate settings so my next flight isn't too wild and hard to control. thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 AM
iamman711

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

so i am just using D/R + expo the following:

high rate
Aeileron 100% + 30%
Elevator 100% + 30%
Rudder 100% + 30%

low rate
Aileron 50% + 30%
Elevator 50% + 30%
Rudder 50% + 30%

Does this look good?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:24 PM
iceman77

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

iamman711, how does that config on your spektrum worked? I have the same problem and can not find the awnser, bit afraid to fly with my own TX config.. any siggestions on ur experience?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:35 PM
iamman711

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i never tried it out because horizon hobby shipped me a parkzone t-28 trojan replacement instead of the typhoon (??? weird).

But I got a private message from some people verifying this setup and it should be a-ok!

i wonder what to do. i dont know if i want the trojan. it costs $40 less at my local hobby shop and I don't want to wait any longer for shipping back and forth (already had to wait a month to fly again).
Old 03-15-2008, 09:24 PM
tubamike78

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

you can go on horizon hobby website and bring up the instruction book for the pnp typhoon 2, i think it is at the top right corner of page 4 has the set-up for throws.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:19 PM
tabascoz28

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

New to flying, started with Typhoon 2 PNP because I already had a dx7 for heli and was waiting for parts to come in. Practiced a lot with G3.5 so thought I would move to this one and progress. Not one problem yet with any of the hardware. After a hard crash, cartwheel, had to replace the prop and glue the plastick tab for a wing. Flown 20 more landings with no problem. I don't know how docile the stock radio is but I know I love the dx7. Rudder mix and independent ailerons really helped me get comfortable with this agressive plane. Can't wait to learn how to do acrobatics and 3d. So far an astroturf football field seems to be the best place to fly. Grass will hang up the wheels and make you flip head over rudder.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:29 AM
chevypower1930

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey everyone!!
My AMAZING girlfriend just ordered me a Typhoon 2 3D last week for our six months! Yup, she is AMAZING! But back to the plane.... this will be my first 3D PLANE every, I've been looking forward to a 3d plane for a long time, I now fly a Brushless Stryker F27C, Goldberg Eaglet, a Nexstar, an Ace Piper, A P-40 Warbird, and a Slo-V, so Yeah.. its time for a 3d plane, and I am VERY precise on the FsOne Simulator. everybody wish me luck on my maiden! I will get some pictures and videos up when I get the plane HOPEFULLY today!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:36 AM
hailsontheground

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got a used Parkzone Typhoon 2 that works great. The transmitter is the Parkzone ZX10 DIGITAL PORPORTIONAL FM RADIO SYSTEM this radio uses 8AA batteries to operate and I have been told that there is a charge port on this radio for using rechargeable AA batteries. Is this true, where is this located to see if I am thinking clearly, and it should be a 12v charger correct? I do not want to attach anything to the transmitter unless I know it will not affect the radio itself in any way. Just thought if this is an available option on this radio it would make recharging the batteries even easier and faster for me. Any one have any advice on this. Please let me know. hailsontheground@yahoo.com