Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Precision Aerobatics Addiction

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Precision Aerobatics Addiction

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 06:46 PM
AnAlternateEgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Precision Aerobatics Addiction

My hatch came off once. I was in a full vertical dive, full throttle, and i pulled a hard barrel roll when it popped off. I only did that once, and i haven't tried the maneuver since. When has it been happening for you?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 PM
rightflyer

Mine does it high g maneuvers-like blenders, tumbles, etc. I would not worry about it coming except our field is surrounded by corn. If it goes in there, it's gone.

I believe the issue may be top magnet seems a little recessed and not flush.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:02 AM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: rightflyer

Anyone else have any issues with their hatch flying off during some maneuvers?

I would recommend that you check the magnets to see if they are dirty, sometimes they pick up dirt and because of that they have less strenght, but as soon as you clean them they are like new again.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:28 PM
AMSTD7

Thanks for the good info on the hatch magnets, have not experienced it yet but wiil keep this in mind
Again, Thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 PM
AnAlternateEgo

Ok, i got my new motor cage in today. Has anyone else out there changed theirs out before? If so what is the best way to do it? It looks like mine is only held on by thin CA, do they make some kind of CA solvent that i can soak the hinges in to completely loosen it up? If so what is it called, and if there are different kinds then what do you suggest is the best one?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:03 AM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: AnAlternateEgo

Ok, i got my new motor cage in today. Has anyone else out there changed theirs out before? If so what is the best way to do it? It looks like mine is only held on by thin CA, do they make some kind of CA solvent that i can soak the hinges in to completely loosen it up? If so what is it called, and if there are different kinds then what do you suggest is the best one?
Hi, visit www.precisionaerobatics.com in the top menu there is a section called "How To" click there and there is an article of how to replace the motorbox.

Daniel
Old 09-19-2009, 02:29 PM
AnAlternateEgo

I just ordered the wheelpants for my addiction, will I have to buy longer axels to install them, or have I just been installing them wrong so far?
Old 09-19-2009, 11:05 PM
AnAlternateEgo

My new motor cage finally came in. I had no problem removing my old cage from my addiction. Upon installing my new cage, i noticed something didn't look quite right. One side of my motor cage measured 1/16" longer than the other side. I know this doesn't sound like much, but if you set the plane on its nose, one wing is about an inch higher than the other. I have e-mailed precision aerobatics tech support about this but i havent heard any replys from them. I just wanted to make sure that this isn't normal, which i cant imagine how it would be.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:23 PM
AnAlternateEgo

Ok, i finally got a reply from PA today and they say that the cage is supposed to be longer on one side. Next question, what props do you all suggest i use? I know what the PA site says i should use, but i wanted to know what your personal experiences suggested. One thing particularly, what prop do you suggest i use for extended flights? My local club likes to have electric endurance challenges to hand out prizes, what prop do you find is the most efficient? Oh, and i have the thrust 20 motor with quantam esc and a 2100mah battery.

Does anybody know where i can find a WHITE spinner for an addiction? Also, please refer to my wheelpant question a few posts up. THANKS for ALL your HELP!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 PM
jumper666

Yesterday and today I had my Addiction out. It has to be the EASIEST to hover plane there is.

gb
Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM
aerofundan

My new motor cage finally came in. I had no problem removing my old cage from my addiction. Upon installing my new cage, i noticed something didn't look quite right. One side of my motor cage measured 1/16'' longer than the other side. I know this doesn't sound like much, but if you set the plane on its nose, one wing is about an inch higher than the other. I have e-mailed precision aerobatics tech support about this but i havent heard any replys from them. I just wanted to make sure that this isn't normal, which i cant imagine how it would be.
The motorcage has built in right thrust, this is why it looks like one side is longer than the other.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Jomamma

Where did you order your motor cage from.
I need one
Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 AM
AnAlternateEgo

I ordered mine straight from www.precisionaerobatics.com
Old 09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: Jomamma

Where did you order your motor cage from.
I need one
Yep visit www.precisionaerobatics.com PA stocks spare parts for all their models.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:00 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

the addition is a nice plane. had one for a year. learned to hover on it. got it from alantia hobby. torque motor , castle thunderbird 36 amp esc, 2200 ..11.1 volt 3s 25c lipo. flew great. grass field, watch the landing gear it's carbon fiber two piece. just put outside fake wheelpants on it. they don't last long on grass. took the electrics out after a year. it had been crashed four times, and put them in a reactor ep. doesn't hover as well as the addition but cost 50.00 less and is a cool looking plane.........GEETER
Old 10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
AnAlternateEgo

I've recently gotten my ADDICTION air worthy again. With my new thrust motor as the power plant, i have noticed that when i slowly throttle up the prob will spin backwards 3 or 4 times and then begin to spin in the correct direction. Is this normal or do i need to switch around some connections?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:46 AM
aerofundan

I've recently gotten my ADDICTION air worthy again. With my new thrust motor as the power plant, i have noticed that when i slowly throttle up the prob will spin backwards 3 or 4 times and then begin to spin in the correct direction. Is this normal or do i need to switch around some connections?
Which ESC are you using? i think this has something to do with the soft start setting which was made for gearbox motors in the past to not damage the gears. You have to disable it, if you are using the PA Quantum here are the instructions on how to do it, although by default it comes with all the right settings out of the box so you dont have to worry.

http://www.thrustmotors.com/instruci...structions.pdf

Daniel
Old 10-08-2009, 02:48 PM
AnAlternateEgo

So it isn't hurting anything the way it is though, right? I have no problem with it the way it is, i just want to make sure that it isn't doing any damage by flipping backwards in the beginning. Is there any specific reason i should turn it off?
Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 AM
AnAlternateEgo

I am flying with a Spektrum Dx7. I was wondering what the typical settings are in the radios of the experienced pilots on here. What end point settings do you all use, rates, ect....? Thanks for all the info.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:56 AM
dustybottles

Good Question- I originally set up the plane up with what I thought to be standard rates as in the manual.

After flying the maiden (and thinking damn this things twitchy) I discovered all surfaces were over 60 degrees- at almost 150% on low rates!

This must have happened when the model was rebinded!

The original setting were established, and the plane set to low rates for the 2nd flight!

A lot easier to handle!

Not being used to expo, this taken getting used to. I am considering reducing throws and expo, (both high and low rates) as this feels the logical thing to do to find the right balance.

I believe the best settings are "What feels right for you"

Will give updates shortly- weather permitting!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:09 PM
AnAlternateEgo

I acquired my Addiction used and it didn't come with the manual. I have looked and asked all around but i can't seem to find a pdf of the Addiction manual anywhere on the net. Could you please let me know what the manual suggests. I have just been flying my Addiction at 100% throws on a linear curve. What are the suggestions for beginner/intermediate/advanced flight?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:21 PM
jumper666

Some PA flying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekO7c8UHfP0

gb
Old 02-27-2011, 02:17 AM
mazjag

For rates these are mine on low...45% and 35% expo all around and on high...ail.. 70% with 35% expo, eve. 60% with 40% expo, rudder 90% with 40% expo.. Those high rates are enough to do any 3D work and its not too twitchy.. I like the 11 x 5.5 with the Thrust 20 motor as its the best overall prop...For the hatch I had to add a magnet in the center off another model to keep mine on...Just glue one between the other two and the other one on top of piece in the center...hope that helps...Jason
Old 05-21-2011, 04:44 PM
jumper666

Someone talked me out of my old Addiction. So, I got another.

gb
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35833.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	1612373  
Old 05-23-2011, 06:11 AM
V1nn1e

I dinged my Addiction into a ceiling trying to fly indoors a year or so back (ambition over ability!!!!).

I'm finally lining her up for repairs and noticed that some folks had also dinged theirs and bought a replacement motor cage - didn't even know this was available! Had a search round in the UK and it's a tenner, so once I've checked out the damage that will hopefully speed up the repairs no end - thanks for the tip! Had images of me trying to cut some intricate ply fretwork... [X(]

I'm also going to replace the Turnigy motor (it was one of the original super-budget items and vibrated like stink) with a Dualsky XM3530CA-12, which looks about similar to the PA Thrust 20.

Looking forward to getting it in the air again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.