Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Precision Aerobatics Addiction

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Precision Aerobatics Addiction

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 12:11 AM
dustybottles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Precision Aerobatics Addiction

I'd avoid the Dualsky, and go for the much lighter PA Thrust. You'll end up having to adjust the mount otherwise with the Dualsky.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 AM
V1nn1e

I've got a dualsky in my Katana MD and it's been faultless and still going strong after 3 years. I've actually gone for the newer 2834 - half the price of a Thrust 20, although not quite as powerful.

As I'm doing repairs anyways a little firewall mod to fit the motor, if necessary, shouldn't be a problem.

Main repair jobbie looks like it's going to be reconstructing the bulkhead to which the firewall attaches. On one side the motor box didn't collapse and instead this bulkhead got crushed. On the other side the motor box did shatter and I just need to cut through the small piece that protrudes behind the bulkhead and into which the carbon pins are pushed - wishing I hadn't used so much epoxy now! Hoping I can dremmel through all of that.

If I get a clear run on a couple of evenings this week, I should have it ready for the motor box by the w/e - only just ordered that from Hobbyplastics so not sure what delivery will be like - hoping they're not waiting on a delivery from Aussie!!!!! [X(]
Old 06-13-2011, 02:35 AM
V1nn1e

Addiction all repaired and maidened last Saturday. My new motor set-up, using the Dualsky 2834CA-10 and just 1600mah LiPos was great. Plenty of pull on an 11x5.5e APC and after a 6 minute flight still had plenty left in the battery.

These batteries are really light, just over 120g. Now I know they work I'm going to order a couple more...
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 PM
rcrunnerdawn

Wow that's Pretty cool!
Old 10-21-2011, 05:59 AM
up_in_smoke

hers a little video of my new pa addiction [youtube] http://youtu.be/z_BIho7H1zY [/youtube]