Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

dx7 aileron adj?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 12:27 PM
oly_rcer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx7 aileron adj?

hello i'm wondering if someone knows how to adjust these i have a dx7 and a pitts biplane with dual aileron servos have the radio set for flaperons so they both drop at the same time for landing and high alpha flight but my prob is i have plenty of down travel on the ailerons i cant for the life of me get more up travel,not in flight mode 2 but regular flight mode when turning the aileron has plenty of down travel but not much up tried end points and percentage settings anything i'm missing? thx
oly
Old 03-27-2008, 05:12 PM
jzrf6c

Default RE: dx7 aileron adj?

Oly,
See page 39 of the DX7 manual. You want to set the wing typw to "Flaperon".
Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 PM
lanpc
My Feedback: (18)

Once you have it set for Flaperons....Then go into Aileron Differential. That should allow you to set different throw up and down. I hope that is what your asking....
Old 03-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Antennaman
My Feedback: (3)

I've experienced the same as the original post.

In order for the ailerons to work properly you must select "rocker" type once you've selected a flaperon fuction with dual aileron servos. Then while normal operation, both ailerons will give equal deflections both up and down. Although, your post is a little vague. Are you trying to set a true flap mode with a biplane? If so, I don't know how to increase the "up" deflection while in flap mode. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're experiencing abnormal flight characteristics. I can't imagine wanting to fly a biplane slower than it already does though. Best of luck.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:39 PM
oly_rcer

antennaman,maybe my post was kinda vague lol but you seem to be able to fill in the blanks,your answer was just what i was looking for,now my ailerons have the same travel up as down,before they had a lot of down and not much up aileron thx much