Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

TYPHOON 2 3D ..OR...???

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

TYPHOON 2 3D ..OR...???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 01:06 PM
pileosticks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TYPHOON 2 3D ..OR...???

Hey Y'all,

I know similar questions have been posted ...probably a hundred different ways. I've read many (most) of them but am still very confused and could really use some guidance.

I have been out of the hobby for about 6 years, I used to be a very capable 3D flyer, lots of Morris profiles and the like...all the way up to 1.20 size Kangke Cap.
I want to get back into the hobby, but have a VERY limited budget to invest in new gear. (I have nothing left from my old flying days) I definately want to go electric...so, that leads to my question,

If I only have 200-250$ and I need EVERYTHING (plane , moter, electronics, radio etc...) What should I be looking at???

I have been toying with the Typhoon 2 3D, i've read alot of good and bad about it... or the Parkflyer.com GeeBee 3D, I haven't found too much info about this one, but it looks pretty good.

The parkflyer is a few bucks less than the typhoon at $159.00 complete

Or should I be looking elsewhere?

Please don't flame me too bad.....i'm really looking for some solid advice that won't blow my budget. Are there any other really good performing 3D RTF's out there in my under $250.00 price range???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Flyin C

Default RE: TYPHOON 2 3D ..OR...???

well im here in the library at my school, so i have got plenty of time to reply

well, i was in a very simiar position as you, except is was either getting the T2 or another 3D EPP plane. Since i wanted to hone my rc skills and advance fast, i decided not to get the T2 but another ARF plane. But in that time period, i researched a lot, a Lot because im a kid and need to make the best with the money i have, so here it what i remember

The T2 will certianly get you back into the hobby, its very durable, easy to repair, and since its 3D capable your gonna have a lot of control. Its not the best at all of the 3D manuvers, it can do most of them, just not that percisely, but still can perform a good amount of them.
The Brushless motor and the 3s 2100 lipo is a great power combo, good flight times for a 3D bird and plenty of power. The only problems i can remember people having is the digital servos, so people said that they were locking up and they had to buy new ones, and also the Gearbox isn't the toughest thing (they might have corrected these problems, but im not sure)

the bell is about to ring, but overall its a great plane that is RTF and will surely make you happy

i will post more when i get home and have the time
Old 05-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Flyin C

anyway, the included radio system is not that bad at all, just be sure to open the canopy and check to make sure that none of the wires are wrapped around others, this has happened a few times to other people, and it ends up messing with their reception and bye bye plane... my freinds have this plane, its a great plane and fun to fly!

For your price range your not gonna get a better plane. But some people will suggest that you go with the Super Cub or another trainer since you haven't flown in a few years, but if you feel confident and take it easy and on low rates the first few times flying it im sure you would be fine.

-flyin C
Old 05-17-2008, 06:30 AM
pileosticks

Thanks Flyin C, that seems to be the general concensus. Think i'll order one today
Old 05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, be careful with the included radio. A lot of people have been complaining about glitching.

Sometime in the future, you need to invest in something much higher quality than the included radio, like a Spektrum radio, or a good computer radio.