Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: ARF Foamie?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ARF Foamie?

I am looking for a almost ready to fly Foamie, with engine, battery, speed control, servos. Basically everything in one box except the reciever. Does any company sell this?

Thanks
    Everyday is a great day for flying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ARF Foamie?

Horizon sells some plug & play foam planes, the Typhoon2 being a mostly assembled 3D Plane:

Typhoon 2 PNP
    Typhoon 2 RTF

Fancy Foam sells combo kits with everything but the receiver, but you still have to assemble everything:

Fancy Foam Combo Kits
    Paul - Helis: Two Raptor 50V2s, Venture 30CP, Blade CX2
    Planes: Twist 60, Tribute 36, Two PZ BL P51s, Two F27C Strykers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Parkflyers.com has a GeeBee flat foamie (probably actually an Art-Tech model) which you can buy PNP - comes assembles with everthing except a receiver. The prices just went up to about $120. I have trashed and rebuilt mine a couple of times and have got a lot of fun out of it for very little $$.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can get everything at http://www.leeulingermodels.com/ I will assemble any of my kits for a very reasonable cost and since you are in AZ I am sure we can avoid shipping cost and arrange for delivery. I will even program the plane and get you a plane that is completely dialed in, I do this all the time for guys in AZ I can ship for about $50 a plane that only needs the wing glued on landing gear installed and one aileron servo installed. This is the best service anywhere bar none and the best looking and flying foamies anywhere. Contact me at the email found on the website above and I will arrange a demo for you and give you a shot at the sticks before you buy.

Lee Ulinger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om31934.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	1079201  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^Wow, if I had the money, I'd get all of your foamies

I suggest a DW Foamies Yak 54 38" though. You can select from a few choices of servo, motor, and ESC, all for $140, and batteries are only ~$23 a piece, but are comparable to Thunder Power. Out of the 20 or so DW foamies planes I've had, my personal favorite is the Skua biplane, and the Yak 54 38". I've flown both in heavy winds, and they did real well, with no wing rock noticeable. Pus, the yak is what taught me how to 3D. The Skua is much better for eaching you rolling maneuvers, because seup right, it rolls very well, and holds perfect inverted flight.
    Life is short, fly more!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with DW Foamies. I also have one the same size from Charger RC and it flys great. Don't let anyone tell you that they won't land slow. It's just not so. I can drag the tail of mine on the ground and set it down. It's probably my slowest landing plane I have.
    Hanger:Sig Mayhem 3D w/YS110, Jerry\'s Big Boy w/YS110, Funtana 40 w/Saito 82, Hobby Lobby Extra 300 w/Hacker 20/20L

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I went with Lee Ulinger's model, with a Hacker setup. Very nice, he supports his customers after the sale. I am going to buy another.

Gary
    Everyday is a great day for flying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you garywi for posting about arf foamies. Inever heard lee ulinger foamies but after looking at them i'm ordering the pocket knife. Good luck with your new foamie and be sure to report back.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just ordered two from Lee Ulinger. All I can say is what great service he has and the build vid’s are the best way to help someone put a foamie together. I called him two times asking questions and got right through.
    Lee gets my vote, customer service means a lot to me and his planes are priced fair. George
    George

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just maidened my PNP Typhoon 2 today. It flies great and stays up for about 10 minutes on a 2100 3 cell. After watching the Pocket Knife build vid just now I'm so glad I got the Typhoon. It took me an hour to get the Typhoon ready. That Pocket Knife would take me all day and the Typhoon was much less $ to get in the air as most of my aircraft run on 2100 3 cells so I already had the lipo's, tx/rx.

I can see why people would want a Ulinger type plane, but try flying a Pocket Knife in a 5 mph wind. For the money you can't beat the Typhoon weather it's PNP or RTF.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try flying the typhoon like Lee fly’s the pocket knife. Very very slow rolling circles. The Typhoon will not fly near as slow as the pocket knife. But lee did say it was an indoor plane. George
    George