Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Sukoi - can/has it been bettered?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Parkzone Sukoi - can/has it been bettered?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:03 AM
mtndewdewd
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Sukoi - can/has it been bettered?

Don't have a sukoi yet, but based on all the videos I have seen - it seems to fly pretty fast. Do you think, or is there already, a slower flying full 4 channel 3D micro plane out there? I would love to have seen more wing area allowing it to fly slower and a little more power. Ideally what I think is really missing from the market is a plane version that can fly around the living room and 3D (hover, harrier, etc etc). A true 4 channel 3D LRF. Is this a pipe dream? Is it coming? Or is it out there already?

Would love your comments.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:28 AM
canadianmaple09

Default RE: Parkzone Sukoi - can/has it been bettered?

I haven't seen anything out there that matches your description yet. As far as I know Parkzone is leading the way with micro flyers. Maybe in the future they will come up with something that suits your needs!
Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Flyinhi1

Picked mine up today from the LHS. Been on the waiting list since December 07 and got one of the two sent to Tucson. I will be maidening it tomorrow providing the winds aren't too strong. First impressions, plane looks straight and light. I don't have indoor access for flight, but will fly this outdoors when conditions are most favorable. Plane bound to my DX7 without a hitch. BNF instructions look to be clear and informative for an array of potential 2.4 TX's. Looking forward to checking this one out.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:10 PM
ssgtakeo

We moved the brick to directly over the wings, the aileron servo behind it, shortened the control rods, and increased the throw on the control surfaces, this was the result:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_2yNasStCQ&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
Old 07-23-2009, 09:10 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ssgtakeo,

Nice flyingl...I hate you!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Spiccoli

Hobby City has a flat EPP foamie called the Mini Piaget. I am building one right now and will have it finished soon. I would have it finished already but I am having to replace a bad servo and will have to order one. The Mini Piaget is a 16.5" wingspan and weighs around 2 ounces RTF. For $50 you get the plane, ESC, and motor. Of course the shipping is another $25, so you have to figure that in too.

This Sukhoi looks too quick to fly indoors to me. The Mini Piaget also has airbrakes that can be installed on the back of the ailerons if you need to fly very slowly. I'll keep you guys posted on how it flies.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:01 PM
jmohn

You can fly it slow, but only in harrier type flight. It needs a little speed to fly 3D, but it's still very slow. I flew mine aound in my office at work and it was fine, but I couldn't make all the turns If you had an area about the size of a half court basketball size area it would be fine.

More power would be nice so you can hover the thing better. It is a blast to fly and after some mods should be an awsome 3D plane.

Jeff
Old 07-28-2009, 02:51 PM
bassplayinDude

ORIGINAL: mtndewdewd

Don't have a sukoi yet, but based on all the videos I have seen - it seems to fly pretty fast. Do you think, or is there already, a slower flying full 4 channel 3D micro plane out there? I would love to have seen more wing area allowing it to fly slower and a little more power. Ideally what I think is really missing from the market is a plane version that can fly around the living room and 3D (hover, harrier, etc etc). A true 4 channel 3D LRF. Is this a pipe dream? Is it coming? Or is it out there already?

Would love your comments.
Check out this plane > http://www.2dogrc.com/ecommerce/os/c...rt-p-2570.html

There is a thread on it at RCG.

[edit]
I have the new SU-26m but I don't have it dialed in to how I like to fly yet. Don't want to say anything good or bad, but I will say this bird isn't as 'bind-n-fly' as HH's other micro offerings.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
ekotil

SSG you are a fine pilot! I have modified mine as to lightening it, but I cannot hold a candle to your flying skills. Congrats and great video! [8D]
Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 PM
jdeters79

Not quite the same level of flying as ssgtakeo, but thought you might enjoy the flying space I have access to for my stock ParkZone Su-26m.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_IH_qwQsEo[/youtube]