Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Funtana 125

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 PM
c54fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funtana 125

Hi all,
Just thought I would share a few pictures of my newest build. Been flying heli's for a few years and last summer got into planes.
This new Funtana seems like a real nice kit. I am still building it but so far so good. Cant wait to fly it.

Here is what I have in it now. Scorpion 4035-330, Using my heli batterys which are a little low on mAh but it is nice to not to have to buy them. I will be running 2 4s 3700 packs. Jazz 55 esc. Not sure on a prop yet. I will start with a APC 17x8 because I have one. Not sure how it will work. Still very new to airplanes. Had to put a gyro on the rudder Its must be a heli thing?
Servos are Futaba 9452's. I also had them all ready on another heli I stopped flying.
Hi tec 7955 tg on the rudder.
It was very tail heavy. I got the cg set by using 2 4.8 batterys for the servos and placed them up front. Cg is just a little over 6.5.
Ready to fly weight is 10lb 4oz.
I did a static test and ran it for 4 minutes at around 3/4 thottle and it used just under 2000 mAh. So it looks like maybe only 5 or 6 minutes of flying which is fine with me.

Here are a few of the picture.

Terry,

Old 11-04-2009, 12:51 AM
b16a2sir
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Funtana 125

Thats sweet. I would put the gyro on the aileron or elevator, it would be more effective IMO (I have never tried though)

When do you plan to maiden her?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 PM
c54fun

Default RE: Funtana 125

I may get to fly it this weekend. Cant wait. I got it finished up tonight.

Couple more pictures.