Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Precision Aerobatics Addiction X Video & Photos

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Precision Aerobatics Addiction X Video & Photos

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 07:52 PM
jmccartney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Precision Aerobatics Addiction X Video & Photos

wow that video was amazing
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 PM
opwan
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Dan, I'm having trouble with high alfa fight with my Addiction. It hovers great, I just can't seem to transition into high alfa or harrier landings with it. Is this a balance problem you think? Maybe transfer some weight to the rear? I know it's not the pilot! Where do you set the CG on the models you fly in the videos? Looks like they're spot on!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:12 PM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: opwan

Hey Dan, I'm having trouble with high alfa fight with my Addiction. It hovers great, I just can't seem to transition into high alfa or harrier landings with it. Is this a balance problem you think? Maybe transfer some weight to the rear? I know it's not the pilot! [img][/img] Where do you set the CG on the models you fly in the videos? Looks light they're spot on!
Hi opwan, it could be the CG, i recommend starting with the CG recommended in the instructions, and frmo there adjust it to your liking, i usually end up with a very balanced CG, never tail heavy, and never nose heavy, the instrucitons manual of PA planes, the recommended CG is always very close to this point.

Daniel
Old 10-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aerofundan,

I was waiting for the Addiction X to be in stock at Cheif Aircraft Inc. and just the other day they pulled it from their site. I was told it would be in stock in 3-4 days. Any idea what's up? Are they going to sell it or not?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:54 AM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: Zippi

aerofundan,

I was waiting for the Addiction X to be in stock at Cheif Aircraft Inc. and just the other day they pulled it from their site. I was told it would be in stock in 3-4 days. Any idea what's up? Are they going to sell it or not?

Hi Zippi, no idea about Chief Aircraft stock, but you can order it directly from Precision Aerobatics and they have in stock right now, www.precisionaerobatics.com what i know is that these planes are selling really fast!!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Zippi

aerofundan,

I know I can get it from PA but since they won't take a money order I'd have to use my CC and then my better half will see the charge. It's better the wife doesn't know about this one. I've been spending to much lately. Cheif Aircraft will except a money order. That's why I was going to order from them.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Zippi

Well, I found out why Chief Aircraft Inc. hasn't gotten the Addiction X in stock. You'll just have to read this yourself. If I do decide to get one I'll have to order it from PA and listen to the wife complain for a while about the charge on the CC

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/...ddictionX.html
Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 PM
opwan

Well is better to ask forgiveness than permission! I got my Addiction about a month ago and I'm STILL not forgivin but I'm having alot of fun flying though!

Well, I found out why Chief Aircraft Inc. hasn't gotten the Addiction X in stock. You'll just have to read this yourself. If I do decide to get one I'll have to order it from PA and listen to the wife complain for a while about the charge on the CC

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/...ddictionX.html
Old 10-28-2010, 10:39 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

I was looking at the specs and it recommends the use of a 3-cell, 2200mah li-po with the Trust 40 motor. Is that right?
I use a 4-cell, 3000mah li-po with my Eflite Power 32 motor. Can't imagine using a 2200/11.1v pack with the Trust 40 motor.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:48 AM
DenverJayhawk

wow. That's a scathing memo from Chief Aircraft about Precision Aerobatics.

Looks like if you want a PA model, better to order from them direct.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 PM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: jmir

I was looking at the specs and it recommends the use of a 3-cell, 2200mah li-po with the Trust 40 motor. Is that right?
I use a 4-cell, 3000mah li-po with my Eflite Power 32 motor. Can't imagine using a 2200/11.1v pack with the Trust 40 motor.

With a 2200 11.1v pack on the T40 and 13x6.5 or 14x7 you can get up to 7 minutes of flight time, or more depending on throttle management, on the T40X you get about 6 minutes! you can of course use bigger packs but that means more weight... but as far as power, the T40 is a very powerful motor! plus 3s 2200 packs a lot more affordable than 4s 3000! packs! and also weight a lot less!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the information. I do use 14.8V 2200 mah packs on my Eratix for better hovering and get almost 8 minutes out of it most of the time.
I've tried 11.1V packs OK for regular sport flying, but not very good for hovering.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Zippi

UPS dropped off my Ad-X today. The box was in pretty good shape for once. I unpacked everything and trial fit the wings on the fuse. When I was sliding the left wing on the CF tube the CF anti-rotation pin pushed inside the fuse. Very little glue if any at all. No biggie really but just wish they would use a little more glue. The colors are really bright and the plane looks cool. This will be some good eye candy for the boys at the field.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:42 AM
lippucci

Are there any articles written up in any of the magazines for the Addiction X? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Norm
Old 11-12-2010, 07:31 AM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: lippucci

Are there any articles written up in any of the magazines for the Addiction X? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Norm
When something does become avavilabe you can probably find it here.

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/product_reviews.php
Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM
aerofundan

ORIGINAL: lippucci

Norm
Not yet, but i think soon it will, there is already a lot of people flying the plane @ RCGroups.com in fact, here is a new video just posted yesterday of the ADX

http://vimeo.com/16718980
Old 12-05-2010, 05:41 AM
DLWrcm
My Feedback: (3)

Bought my first PA plane, the Ad-X I'm not happy
DW [email protected]
Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 AM
mazjag

whats wrong with it??
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Zippi

I'm kinda like DLWrcm. I'm not unhappy but for what you pay the quality could have been a lot better. The CF landing gear does not fit. It has to be cut down. One of my ant-rotation pins in the wing was loose and the other one was inside the wing. The engine box would not fit at all. Had to really work to get it to fit. The CF pins that go inside the fuse to help hold the engine box on were really loose. There was a gap between the pins and the bulkhead. Not really sure what good they are. I could not get the rear stab to seat all the way back in the fuse. Had to cut and sand just to get it there and then it was not parallel to the wing. I was missing the smaller hinges for the rudder. I also ordered a Dubro Micro pull-pull system. No major issues just a lot of small ones.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:21 PM
opwan

I've got 2 PA airplanes and both of them have been way above what I expected. That's weird that your's was as you described. Both of my kits were perfect in every way! I have had E-flite ARF's, Tower ARF's, and just about every other ARF out there and PA is way above the mark in every aspect. When I opened my first Addiction, my first thought was, how do they sell this ARF so cheap? I have paid the same price for other ARF's with half the quality. Sounds like you just found a fluke in Precision Aircraft, Sorry for your luck but I bet they would make it right if you were really dissappointed.

I'm kinda like DLWrcm. I'm not unhappy but for what you pay the quality could have been a lot better. The CF landing gear does not fit. It has to be cut down. One of my ant-rotation pins in the wing was loose and the other one was inside the wing. The engine box would not fit at all. Had to really work to get it to fit. The CF pins that go inside the fuse to help hold the engine box on were really loose. There was a gap between the pins and the bulkhead. Not really sure what good they are. I could not get the rear stab to seat all the way back in the fuse. Had to cut and sand just to get it there and then it was not parallel to the wing. I was missing the smaller hinges for the rudder. I also ordered a Dubro Micro pull-pull system. No major issues just a lot of small ones.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 PM
mazjag

Same here..I have the Addiction not the x version , but it was the best kit I I ever put together and put an E-flite(not shabby) to shame...Flies great so far..The only thing is that like all these things they don`t put enough glue on stuff. Its not like CA is expensive or heavy....Jason
Old 12-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Zippi

opwan,

Maybe I just got a bad one like you say. I was going to mount the tail wheel last night only to find out that the wheel would barely move. I was able to remove the pieces holding the wheel on and reset it with epoxy. Not a big problem just something that should have been caught like all the other things that were wrong. That's what you get when you get things out of China. No quality control. I'm a little disappointed in the build but I'm working things out and should be fine once I'm finished. I'm currently flying the Eflite Eratix 3D and had no issues in the build. That doesn't mean that the Eflite is better than the Addiction. Maybe the Addiction was made on Friday and the Eflite was made on Monday .
Old 02-26-2011, 01:19 PM
jumper666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekO7c8UHfP0

At about 2:28 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4LlgY_La8w

gb
Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 PM
bells33
My Feedback: (19)

Daniel... your videos on PA are amazing!! I've watched a lot of flying videos..Yours are my favorite by far!! Hope to fly a fraction of that someday!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:04 PM
jumper666

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ekpCtGP1k
gb
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18641.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1601748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36420.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1601749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va73660.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1601750   Click image for larger version

Name:	At55326.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1601751  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.