Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Saito 82 3d prop size

Ok I have readthat some people are using a apc 14x4w and then some people are using 13x4 13x5 13x6 on this motor which prop is the best for 3d and what RPM Should the Motor be Turning and where is the Power Band on this Motor what RPM Range This is my First 4 stroke

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Saito 82 3d prop size

I use a Xoar 14x4 or 14x6. Second choice is a 14x6 MAS S-2 (what's on the plane in my avatar).
    It spins the 14x6 at 9500+ on 25% fuel.

The props you listed would be my choice for a Saito 72.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use APC 14x4W on my Saito  FA82.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

APC - 14 x 6 on the lil 82
    Zoar - 14 x 5, the Zoars tend to put more load with fatter wingtips than the APC, I like the 14x5 or even the 13 x 6.
    \"Hi, I am opinionated and full of myself\" - Discowings.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used the APC 14x4W on my 82. I used it on 2 different 3D planes. It worked well enough for me especially on my Profile. I would try out a few of the ones listed here to see which ones suits your style the best.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use a Zinger Pro series 15x4 on mine. It has a lot of low end grunt with this prop. The 14x4W APC needs to be turned up to get the same pull.

David
    I never want to see a crash. But I don't want to miss one either.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Master Airscrew has some nice scimitar wood props 14x6 or 13x6. Also I like the 13x6 plastic one for all around durability and performance. It revs a little higher but it gives more instant throttle and that's what I like.

The 14x4 ones give you more instant thrust, but they are very limited in speed and don't give as much air over the tail so maneuvers requiring throwing the tail around tend to suffer with the finer pitch props.
    Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig. Everyone gets dirty and the pig likes it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Xoar 14x6 if you don't dork your planes and you are profficient at 3D. If you are still learning, MAS Scimitar 14x6-these will take major abuse....I have tried lots of props on .82's. The APC 14x4 does good too for all out hovering and thrust only manuevers.
    I didn\'\'\'\'t choose Mojo, Mojo chose me PRO BRO #1963

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flygilmore

Xoar 14x6 if you don't dork your planes and you are profficient at 3D. If you are still learning, MAS Scimitar 14x6-these will take major abuse....I have tried lots of props on .82's. The APC 14x4 does good too for all out hovering and thrust only manuevers.

if you dont dork your planes ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Uh...yeah man, it means if you smack 'em into the ground. Obviously you've never heard the term
    I didn\'\'\'\'t choose Mojo, Mojo chose me PRO BRO #1963

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wind junkie

Master Airscrew has some nice scimitar wood props 14x6 or 13x6. Also I like the 13x6 plastic one for all around durability and performance. It revs a little higher but it gives more instant throttle and that's what I like.

The 14x4 ones give you more instant thrust, but they are very limited in speed and don't give as much air over the tail so maneuvers requiring throwing the tail around tend to suffer with the finer pitch props.

LOL at Master airscrew . ****ty props for thrust my friend great props for trainer's or bad flyers who'm bounce off the run way

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zacharyR

ORIGINAL: wind junkie

LOL at Master airscrew . ****ty props for thrust my friend great props for trainer's or bad flyers who'm bounce off the run way

Sounds like you got a bad one. "my friend"

You definitely need to balance them. They are notorious for being out of balance, and of course the wood ones will vary. But the plastic ones are really good.

How about suggesting something yourself?

Joe
    Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig. Everyone gets dirty and the pig likes it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Xoar and APC wide version have been said, in regards to Joes statment so I shouldn't have to same them over again

how about this buy same size black master air screw and a APC and fly them both

I'm am sure master air screw is vary strong . and APC isn't but APC is great for thrust and offers a wide version. the wood Xoar prop is going to be the " fastst " spoil time and better thrust then then MAS all these props are cheap enough o keep a selection in the flight box any way .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

14x6 APC
    Tried the 15x4 MA wide blade. First try at 3D. No fun at all. put the APC on and had a blast! 2" snow this morning. Send some of that global warming our way.