Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Servo sticking in center

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Servo sticking in center

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Philip Cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo sticking in center

Hi there,

I have a Goldwing MX2 58" which now has 120 flights on it..

The elevator has a fairly cheap spektrum digital servo on it. When I first turn on, radio binds, I test all servos, and the elevator seems to hesitate (doesn't even move) then after a wiggle on the stick, shoots to life, and then works fine.......

Haven't flown it since I saw this, and can't get it to repeat itself... do servos do this when the potentimeter track is worn around the center point?

Any ideas or suggestions? Is this a common problem? Could it be the radio or tx? For the life of me cannot get it to do it again.... but for sure its done it today, and I thought I saw it last time I flew as well, but thought I was imagining it!

120 flights, its done say 12 hours of flying... do servos wear out that quick?

Any suggestions welcome!

Old 06-10-2011, 06:19 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo sticking in center

I would get the servo out and replace it with a known good one. Send that one in to Horizon and see what they say about it. No sense in losing your plane.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:23 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

anytime you suspect a servo or linkage or wire or switch, get rid of it and test a new replacement.
Nothing worse than having your "suspect" problem suddenly fail obviously..
Old 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Philip Cooper

Any more ideas with this would be appreciated....

I bought all new servo, and extension, fitted it and the problem was immediately worse.....

Then after 30 more tests, could never get it to repeat.....

Could it be the pots in the TX? Its a 9zap, maybe 1000 flights on it.... The servos appear to stick in one place like they are catching on something (they aren't) then suddenly jump to the correct position...

Have hardly flown the plane this month, and have tested in 40 times, cannot get it to repeat.... its getting to the point where it would be cheaper to just crash it than waste anymore time..