Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Complete rc plane beginner

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Complete rc plane beginner

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:12 AM
poeee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete rc plane beginner

I've been around RC cars for a while, and am looking at getting something cheap and fun that flys for me and my son to play with.

I've always been facinated with 3D planes, and since my recent brilliant experience with cheap 2.4G radio set ups, I thought it might be a good time to dabble in it. I have a flysky FS-GT2, and I have nothing but praise for what is essentially the cheapest thing I could find. I'm very keen to give their 6ch FS-CT6B a go.

Is a cheap foam 3D setup suitable for someone with zero RC plane experience?

If yes, what setup should I be looking at getting? IE what is a good cheap motor/esc, good cheap servos, and of course the plane. I have chargers and stuff that should suit small lipos.

Sorry for my complete ignorance, but ya gotta start somewhere!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Sam-E

Default RE: Complete rc plane beginner

3D is not really for beginners, get yourself a trainer and find a club where you can get some instruction.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:43 AM
drbenz
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Complete rc plane beginner

You have to learn to walk before you can run. Get a trainer plane and learn to fly first. then learn 3D