Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Witch plane is better?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Witch plane is better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:00 PM
ES CONTROL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Witch plane is better?

I have tried electric, two-stroke and four-stroke glow, now I want to try gas. Two planes that costs the same, 30 cc AJ Slick or 50 cc reactor, which plane would you recommmend for someone who is still learning 3D?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:08 PM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: Witch plane is better?

< Learn with a profile. The are WAY more forgiving when you eventually turf it. They also fly great.
Check out the MoJo or Primo from Swanyshouse. Super easy kits to build. If you need an ARF look at the ValueHobby Sabre.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Sam-E

Gas thumbskull gas!!!! 

Get yourself a slick, way better than the reactor!! I would go with an EG models Slick and then upgrade when you skills improve to a EF of some flavour.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:59 AM
ThumbSkull

ORIGINAL: Sam-E

Gas thumbskull gas!!!!

Get yourself a slick, way better than the reactor!! I would go with an EG models Slick and then upgrade when you skills improve to a EF of some flavour.
Not a problem. There is the EEv2 for 30cc from [link=http://3dorbust.com]http://3dorbust.com[/link] and 30 and 50cc from [link=http://wrongwayrc.com/WrongWayRC_Superior_Product.html]WrongWayRC.com[/link]

Both are great flying birds, but I'd still recommend 40-60 size for learning.

There is also the MoJo65 from [link=http://swanyshouse.com/index.aspx]http://swanyshouse.com[/link] which fly's awesome and works well with a DLE-20.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

I fly a MOJO 60 with a OS 91 four stroke. It will do everything and then some. Whether its down on the deck or up a few hundred, its an absolute blast. Give it a try, you won't be sorry. Joe. Bay Flyers, Sturgeon Bay Wi.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:43 PM
DenverJayhawk

agree a profile is the better start. But of the two you posted, get yourself a slick. The reactor is not even in the same league.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:54 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/v...pro-blue.html# that one flys awesome with a DLE 20
Old 07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Sam-E

Some peeps don't like dem profiles though!!!

Witch one, well I would put a DLE on one of the flying broom sticks!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 AM
ThumbSkull

Yes it's true, people more concerned with looks than how they fly might not like profiles.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Uncas
My Feedback: (1)

Denver Jayhawk & Sam-E,
I have never flown either plane, but am interested in the Reactor. Have you guys that say the Slick is better ever flown the Reactor? Do you own one?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:04 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: ThumbSkull

Yes it's true, people more concerned with looks than how they fly might not like profiles.
I was very against profiles until i read so much about them, and was so determined to improve my 3d skills that I purchased a 40 size OMP proyak w OS 55ax. Total cost was about $300 for plane/engine/servos after discounts.
It was the best move ever. I learned so much with that plane, and was so easy/fun to fly. Had an absolute blast. It is now in the hanger - stripped and waiting for a recover. In the mean time I bought an OMP Razor Yak to go to the next level. If the first one was any indication, the Razor Yak must be NUTS! Will be putting together soon.

Im a solid believer now. They are inexpensive, take a beating and really do improve your skills. Just my opinion/experience.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Sam-E

I had an OMP ProYak, but I prefer my EF 60inch Edge, slightly more expensive but it is a class above the OMP in my honest opinion.
My problem with profiles is the space they take up, and the fact you cant really get any good ones in Australia. You have to take the risk and order from overseas. I have bought a few over here and thrown a few in the bin as well, if I lived in the states perhaps I would own one but I do not.
Profiles are a little difficult to electrify as well and I am pretty certain that I would not own another small IC motor other than my helicopters, are there any that are specifically designed for electric.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM
mithrandir
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neither...

get a 50CC Extreme Flight Yak or Extra...

they are the best!! Definitely woth the money!

for the best bang-for-the-buck 3D training.......

get a DW Foamies yak55

Mike has it as a complete setup, motor ESC, servos or you can equip it as you please...

mine has a Hacker A20-22L, APC 11 x 3.8, Futaba S3114 servos... it flies a lot like my 40% if I tone down the rudder effectiveness....
Old 07-07-2011, 07:31 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

get a 3dhobby slick or velox or extra sc72.get a DLE30 and go for it.you have a number of choices in the 30cc range.goldwing redwing peak..aeroworks makes very good planes but they are usually heavy! and not cheap..wildhare equally as good and lighter in the pocketbook and sky..

2stroke is ok but I fly gas and electric.I just bought a 59 slick.awesome plane.I love the lightness of electric and the awesome 3d performance.but still a diehard with noise so gas gas gas.nitro ugh!