Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

hyperion vs. E-flite

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

hyperion vs. E-flite

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:20 PM
babaralonius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyperion vs. E-flite

hello
Im trying to decide which plane to choose as my new build; Hyperion CAP 580 40e, or the E-flite extra 300 32e. There are great reviews that Ive seen for both planes. I just dont want to end up with alemon of an aircraft. Ihave a couple smaller sized 3D planes but would like something with some more power and percision. Maybe even another plane thats comperable. Please let me know if anyone has a favorite thats tried and tested.
thanks
-Bryant
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61484.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1656532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88384.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1656533  
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 PM
haasjj

Default RE: hyperion vs. E-flite

IMO get the Hyperion, I've only built one of each but not these models and the Hyperion was much better quality than the E-Flite.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 PM
radius1x1

Hyperion quality is off the charts! Super excellent in all respects and smokes Eflite!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:56 AM
jzrf6c

IMHO the E-flite 300 is a great plane. It has become my favorite. Flies like its on rails. One day, when putting on the wings someone came up and started talking to me and guess what I forgot to do? Yep, I didn't plug in one wing alieron. It still flew well just "...a little different". I flew for my normal time then landed. I really love this plane!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM
babaralonius

Thanks for your input everyone! Im still alittle torn over which one to get. I plan to run a power 46 in either one. I would buy a hyperion motor but they are alot more money, but they are great motors from my experience.  I forgot to ask but does anyone know of a good comperable servo to the jr mn48? Also whats your opinion of ski lipo batteries? All ive ever ran is hyperion batteries, and Ive had nothing but success. Im not sure I want to compromise in the battery relm.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:38 AM
jzrf6c

babaralonius,

I have been using the Trinigy batteries from Hobby King via their USA site. So far so good. I use the 4 cell 4000mah 20C and they are fine as far as I can tell. But, I'm not a 3D flier.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:29 AM
babaralonius

I heard good things about Turnigy. I have a friend who flies warbirds and he uses the Ternegy off brand batteries and those have been working for him to.  i came to a decision and ordered an Extra 300 32e. I was talking with a sponsered flyer who works at my local hobby shop. He said the hyperion is a great plan and is a little stronger than the extra but is mostly for pattern flying.  Also to go with the power 32 if i plan to do more 3d flight.   I think I will be plenty happy with this setup.
  Thanks everyone!