Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Morris hobby su koi do Profile 40

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Morris hobby su koi do Profile 40

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
billd76
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morris hobby su koi do Profile 40

Got a hold of one of these new in the box. Ready to mount the fuel tank. The instructions give direction to mount the tank in the wing. But I'm thinking I would perfer it on the side of the fuselage. Also the rudder and elevator are to be set up for pull pull (pull pull wires are already ran through the fuse). Servos for elevator and rudder also to be mounted in the wing. I'm thinking that servos would be better mounted to the fuse near the tail section. What do you all think?
Old 10-03-2011, 04:38 PM
DrH

Default RE: Morris hobby su koi do Profile 40

Sounds like 2 good options but I would see how the balance is before you make any major changes. Servo too far back might make it tail heavy. I have had bad luck with the fuel tank in the wing design. Just check the cg first.

Dale
Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 AM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my tank on the nose. Plane balanced fine with the servos in the stock positions. Keep an eye on the fuse right behind the canopy. Weak in that area and will break if your landings are a little.....er, harsh. I still miss mine. Finally just wore it out and it was looking like a banana since I repaired that fuse area so often. Awesome flat spins!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
billd76

ORIGINAL: SitNFly

I put my tank on the nose. Plane balanced fine with the servos in the stock positions. Keep an eye on the fuse right behind the canopy. Weak in that area and will break if your landings are a little.....er, harsh. I still miss mine. Finally just wore it out and it was looking like a banana since I repaired that fuse area so often. Awesome flat spins!
Thanks for the advice, will keep the servos stock and mount the tank on the nose. Where did ya'll put the Battery and the Rx? Running Spektrum rx. Thinking at least an 1100 LiFe for the Rx battery, will save a little weight. Right now the plan is to got with the Fox45BB for the engine, but I know a 55 AX would be the ticket. Traveling alot these days. Will most likely be just before Christmas until I'll be home long enough to work on it.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 PM
rhk

The plane brings back fond memories and was my first introduction to profiles.

It was powered by a MVVS 40. The tank was mounted in the nose and held by rubber-bands.

Servos were wing mounted and I used a pull- pull setup for the rudder and elevator, as per plans.

The servos used were regular futaba's.

Battery and receiver were wing mounted, battery opposite side of the engine.

As mentioned earlier , great flat spins !
Old 01-17-2012, 08:48 AM
billd76

Thanks, I maidened the profile a couple of weeks ago. Flew FANSTASTIC with the OS 55 AX. The weather has been crappy for the last couple of weeks so haven't had a chance to fly it anymore than the one maiden flight. I set the CG at 4.5 and it was a tad nose heavy, but not crazy nose heavy. hopefully the weather will improve this weekend.