Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Why Is 3D Hated?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Why Is 3D Hated?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Is 3D Hated?

there are lots of dipsticks flying and not all of them are 3d pilots by any means.after 30 plus years I have seenalot of dumb and often unsafe flying habits.pilots starting engines and leaning over the flipping prop without regard to their personal saftey.or a guy the starts and tries to fly his plane with a lean engine or too rich motor.dont know about you but we have a long time pilot that when he starts his plane others either choose to wiat untiul he is down or land immdeiately and keep their distance.hes crazy and crashes more than he flies.flying a plane so damn high you can see a spot yeah that makes sense right.or the idiot that likes to takeoff going across the field instead of taxiing.on and on I could go.if you are a circle jerk god bless you .if you fly helis off on the side that bothers me when you enter airspace at the end of a flight path or a foamie fantatic thinking you can fly willie nilly in any dirtection close to the pits and yes the idiot that spends several thousand dollars to dazzle us hovering a foot off the ground over an active runway.

SET the rules for safeflying regardless of what ever it is you fly .floow them or lose your privilegde regardless of what you fly or how good you think you are.everone who flies in the club has a right to be treated fairly!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Freddy!

I belong to a club, and we have rules, and safety comes first, always has been, whatever you fly. There is such a thing above all, common sense.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:24 PM
az3d
My Feedback: (59)

I think people that have an issue with 3D probably have issues with others groups as well. I have been a member of four clubs (I move a lot). I liked and respected all the different types of flying. With that being said all the clubs had clicks and conflicts between them. Can't we all just get along.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:30 PM
ES CONTROL

Yea , we get along ok in the field. 
Its just RCU members with winter time blues trying to make it to spring.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Flexnbeef
My Feedback: (9)

BINGO !!!!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Tarasdad

"Circle Sally", "circle jerks", "circle flyers" - am I the only one who sees the problem here?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Tarasdad

''Circle Sally'', ''circle jerks'', ''circle flyers'' - am I the only one who sees the problem here?
yup, and it goes the other way too! everyone wants to slap a label on something, cuz it's easier than getting the knowledge/getting to know someone. I blame the "media" (my apologies to Chris Rock); they spoon feed us in sound bites and labels all the time; we can't help but communicate in the same way...
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: WindGap

Some of the guys at our field are world class 3d pilots. They don't seem to bother me. Wait, it must be me, who's learning 3d that may bother others...forget I said anything...you may be right, us 3d guys, particularly me, suck.

Also, these pilots wait for most of us circlers to retire before they squeeze in a 3d session. It's always a treat to watch em fly.
Wait a minute, did you just call us circle jerks.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

Some of the guys at our field are world class 3d pilots. They don't seem to bother me. Wait, it must be me, who's learning 3d that may bother others...forget I said anything...you may be right, us 3d guys, particularly me, suck.

Also, these pilots wait for most of us circlers to retire before they squeeze in a 3d session. It's always a treat to watch em fly.
Ya he called U a circle Jerk ..... I heard Him ... Want me to hold your coat while ya punch his lights out ... We using the Marques of Queensbarry Ruels Here. And I don't even get cabin fever, flying all summer in the North and all winter in the South West ... Must just like to cause trouble ... Ya think ....
LOL

Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 AM
Flexnbeef

Fly the pattern!, Fly the pattern !............
Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 AM
opwan

[quote]ORIGINAL: wind junkie

Ever hear, "If you want to fly like that, why don't you just get a helicopter?"

know your enemy.

[/quote

Cause the people saying that can't even come close to flying 3D much less coming close to flying a heli! Then there's 3D heli flying, don't even get me started!.........If I see someone doing 3D with a heli, I just shut down what I'm doing and appreciate the fact that someone has mastered a hobby I loved for 37 years!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:16 AM
RACJ

It's a runway,not a hoverway. It got it's name for a reason,learn it.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 AM
wyo69cowboy

Taxiway, takeoffway, landingway, dragstrip lol. Use if for what you need, just try not to be the obnoxious one everyone else grumbles about
Old 01-06-2012, 09:55 AM
ram3500-RCU

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

Ya he called U a circle Jerk ..... I heard Him ... Want me to hold your coat while ya punch his lights out ... We using the Marques of Queensbarry Ruels Here. And I don't even get cabin fever, flying all summer in the North and all winter in the South West ... Must just like to cause trouble ... Ya think ....
LOL

NO NO, I'll just let it slide this one time.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
ram3500-RCU

BTW, I can't do 3D, although Lord knows I have tried, and really enjoy watching someone who has mastered it. Probably has a lot to do with choosing the right plane, setting it up correctly, and then lots and lots of practice.

Being focused on scale WWII aircraft right now, no time for all that.

But that dose not mean I look down on those who have other interests.

We just need to find a way to safely coexist at events where flying is open, IMO
Old 01-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Flexnbeef

ORIGINAL: RACJ

So, next time I'm at the field I should run up and down the runway?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:04 PM
ES CONTROL

How about some RC Cars drag racing. while 3 planes are in the air.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Wow guys, The anti 3D words keep flying. arrogance, ignorance, attitude Well while you anti 3D flyers have been typing us 3D flyers have been enjoying the hobby of flying. I even read a few post saying hovering is so unsaafe. When a 3D airplane crashes it down. Over the runway. When a warbird perform the same opps, ........... it requires chewing up alot of feet. Some where people are located. Bottom line According the the AMA NO 3D airplane have been reported in a clam. I know that pokes a hole in the Anti 3Ders out there but its a good thing to be able to see a group that have 0 issues in looking at AMA clam reports.

Yes, the 3D pilots fly and people love to watch. He or she is not showing off, they are just flying. I see the other side. When you have the best loking plane on the field flying around or not .... you except people to watch, and they do. I am one! I love seeing a nice looking plane flying. Then the 3Der flys like a 3Der would. Not showing off but doing more than flying in a circle. Then the people finds that worth watching.

It is not the 3Der is it. You know We host a few events every year. The best one is the Profile event. No stress, no bad attitude. The event almost runs it self. So stop hating the 3Ders for flying. You know we have a large group of flyers and we never have any issues. Maybe the proble is not the 3Der's but the attitude of your club. Just remember that the 3Ders and the only group growing in the AMA.

Crash99
Old 01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Interesting thread. I like warbirds and scale, and EDFs, and scale helicopters, and some mild 3D. That being said, I love to see quality 3D flying in the appropriate venue. But it's not too much fun to watch with guys that have marginal equipment, and who fly dangerously. Also not good if they hog the runway, which is true for a lot of us that love to fly. It IS about respect. I've always thought the greatest thing about our hobby/sport is that we can fly the type of plane we want... or type of car we race, or boat, or heli. I will say, being an old timer, that the last ten years or so have brought a "video game" aspect to the hobby that didn't exist before. ARFs also brought about a more cavalier, risk-taking attitude toward crashing. We never learned to fly 3D years ago because we didn't have airframes designed for it, or radios capable of doing it, or hardware that could handle the loads. And there were no flight simulators. Love that space bar tap it beats 3 months down in the basement building another one because you crashed. So to each his own interests. I'm just jealous my skills are diminishing as the clock keeps ticking.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:57 PM
ES CONTROL

Close calls happen  to those who are learning or trying.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM
RACJ

ORIGINAL: Flexnbeef

It would be better than just standing in the middle of the runway and rendering it useless for all flying to be able to land if needed,thats what it's for,taking off and landing. Try hovering your full size Edge or Extra over the runway of your Municipal airport and see how it goes over. When they arrest you,tell them you've got skills and everyone should be watching in awe and enjoying.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:24 PM
ram3500-RCU

It would be better than just standing in the middle of the runway and rendering it useless for all flying to be able to land if needed,thats what it's for,taking off and landing. Try hovering your full size Edge or Extra over the runway of your Municipal airport and see how it goes over. When they arrest you,tell them you've got skills and everyone should be watching in awe and enjoying.
C-mon guys, that is a stretch. You do anything but fly the pattern and take off and land at a municipal airport and your in trouble.

How about guys who can only turn left, and have to reverse the pattern to land. You know every club has them. How about the guys who buzz the field inverted (like myself)? In trouble at the muni airport, are they not. I could go on and on with this, but I think the point is made.

We all have things we do in the air that we enjoy, and as long as they don't endanger anyone, we should be allowed to do them, including 3D. We just need to coexist in a peaceable way, and respect each others rights to display our skills and aircraft. The 3D guys are perhaps called on to be even more mindful of this in view of the fact that their style of flying can at times not follow the pattern, and block others from using the runway. In my opinion, if the field is busy that day, why not just do the hovering over the back leg of the pattern instead of the runway. This would not block anyone. Just a thought.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Warbirdguy

ORIGINAL: DenverJayhawk

I've found a lot of warbird crowds don't like 3D because of two reasons: 1. they are unable to pilot to that capability 2. They think 3D flying takes up too much room and too often breaks ''pattern''. This interrupts their endless left turn circles with the occasional low pass and victory aileron roll climb out.

At my club, i wait till no one is flying then i fly for 5-6 mins and do what i want 3D wise without flying over the pits. The others usually wait till i land since i'm only up in the air for a few minutes at a time.
As you can see from my online name, I fly warbirds. I dont have a problem with 3D. Sometimes they can be very entertaining. I fly the cirles, and figure eights, down and dirty flybys, perfect loops, aborted landings, high speed low passes, and the list goes on. If you think flying a scale, overweight airplane, barely over stall speed, with full flaps and landing gear down, and keep it center of runway the whole time, then I guess you think we dont know how to fly

I have tried "3 D" I personally didnt like it. Not cause I couldnt do it. Just my personal prefference.

Now, what I do take offense too is this. 4 guys show up at the field, and they all say they are flying "3 D" and bsically, they are all just seeing if they can hover lol. Looks like a swarm of mosquitos and they want to do it where they can see it, which, is right in front of the pit area over the runway. Not good. I dont call that "3 D" I call that...annoying hovering. At least the heli guys at our club can, and do, actually fly their heli's around.

So, no, us warbird guys dont hate "3 D" cause we cant do it, we just dont want too More of a challange to try and fly a Scale Airframe.

WBG
Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 AM
airborne2.4

Joe is one awesome pilot!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8YA0bwLaBw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...cZbwiWqWg&NR=1
Old 01-07-2012, 03:51 AM
airborne2.4

LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.