Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can a RC Plane surf?

I reckon, with an extended leg and some swivel attachment, it may be possible to put a small surf board on a plane and surf.
    Who will be the first, the race is on..... My practicing and messing about can be seen on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAFPv1daZ8w

Note it must be in a crest of a wave or on top of a wave, and noooooo giro's.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Can a RC Plane surf?

Nice flyin'! [8D] Saltwater's gotta be a little hard on the motor and electronics if you go for a swim...

Posted your youtube link over on the P r o B r o site thought they might get a kick out of it!
    Crashing my way to being a better pilot!
    Saito Club# 679

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Bro, as a general dig at the main, (not everybody) we take this hobby toooo seriously, it is supposed to be a bit of fun, glad you dig it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Love to see the video. However when I go there is says it has been removed by the poster????
    Too much horsepower- Just right !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I deleted the video because of idiots commenting about 'why do't you get a helicopter' and 'you have no regard for any rules'. Soooo sadly the dudes that would have had a great laugh and smile as usual have suffered from the negativity and jealousy of those shidheads.

Mainly Rookie3D on youtube, a real class moron.

Man, I'd LOVE to see your vid! I once saw a utube vid of some full scale team that actually skimmed water with their wheels no trick photography. As far as the idiots commenting, I say you reupload the video, but this time, set it so no one's comments will show up without your approval? That way, you can delete any comments before they go live. Those guys probably are just jealous because they don't have the balls to do or even try what you're doing. How do you think a lot of aerobatic and 3D moves got figured out? Heck, even bike tricks. If you break it down, these moves are nothing more than maneuvers created by getting into trouble and figuring a way out of it. That's what makes them exciting. Someone just had to try it, do it, figure it out etc.

Cases in point:

#1 The airplane is out of control, flipping tail over nose on the wingtip. If there's a crash, people say the pilot lost control. If there's recovery, and a cool zoom away, all of a sudden it's a Lomcevak or Knife Edge Spinboth airshow hits.

# 2 A plane pops up nose up before without any real airspeed and slows down severely wanting to rock or sink. The pilot manipulates throttle and keeps it going, or gently lowers it to the ground. If it goes in, everybody says the bird was too tail heavy, or the pilot stalled it. If the pilot keeps it going, then hovers, or does some rolls, or lands it smoothly, all of a sudden it's a bad-ass Wall or Harrier.

# 3 Rider on a motorcycle puts too much pressure on the front break. If the bike flips and bites hard, they're either "stupid" or "a rookie". If they roll it, ease pressure, and bring the ass down, all of a sudden it's a Stoppie.

I think you see what I'm getting at...

I say keep practicing at it as long as you're safe about it, and re upload your vid!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I get you dude, the problem is it takes a lot of time to film, and make a video for youtube, i do this for the benefit of credible fun loving sharing guys like you, but as at the flying field, there is always (ALWAYS) one **** head. Yes you are right, these bone heads are usually jealous coz they can't even dream of flying like you can. Sorry, but the arseh**** like Rookie3D (has a ponytail, a true sign of a real tool).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have made a new video of some messing about over the sea, also some indoor flying and messing around. Please anyone who doesn't care for hovering, pls dont watch.
    Otherwise i am sharing the fun.