Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

coming back to the game

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

coming back to the game

Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM
rotor head33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coming back to the game

well after a very long break from planes and flying helicopters i bought the plane i always wanted as a kid just in a scaled down version..a u can do 46. now heres the thing should i put a saito 72 or go for the 90 in it? i want 4 stroke because well i think thumpers are better for 3d flying. what would yall put in the ucd?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:15 PM
jzrf6c

Default RE: coming back to the game

That depends. Do you want to tear the wings off? Remember, it was designed for a .46. If you want "More Power" why don't you just get the .60 size? I had (yes HAD) a OS .75 in mine and loved it. To bad I let others talk me into trying 3D flying way beyong my skill level. Fat fingers make for bad landings !
Old 10-16-2012, 04:03 AM
rotor head33

My local guys can't get the 60-90 anymore. And if I was going to over fly the airframe I'd be doing wot dives with a 100 from what I have found. I may go with the saito 86 or so. Figured I'd just ask around. With bigger motors its all about throttle control and you will be fine. Remember its a big 4& compared to a normal say twist
Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

things have changed.. Sadly the U can do has not .

granted the 40 size one fly's the best out of all of them but still is sub par

some thing's to have a heads up about on the u can do ..

1# rear stab loves to break
2# control linkage sub par at best it flex'es big time .. you might wana try aero light or some 4-40 if you can get it
3# poor landing gear design .. don't plan on bounce off the gear in a roller or doing harrier landings..
4# funky KE coupling .. you want a advance radio with P mixes so you can play with teh CG and still add a few mixes into the airplane to get as much coupling out as you can.. also you need the elvator to airlon mix .. just like the oldschool U line's the U can do shines best with that mix .
5# tail wheel is . kinda sub par

just my 2 cents on a U can do .. by all means have fun and fly the snot out of it just be aware of the downfalls
Old 10-16-2012, 11:30 AM
rotor head33

Thanks Zach. I'll definitely be redoing all of the listed during the build since I Havnt even begun the build yet. As far as mixing ill be giving futaba a shot this go round instead of the old faithful Jr 9303 so I'll take care of those too.