Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

3d ARF airplane comparable to model tech magic 3D V2

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

3d ARF airplane comparable to model tech magic 3D V2

Old 11-20-2012, 09:16 AM
bhollehday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3d ARF airplane comparable to model tech magic 3D V2

I used to fly the model tech magic 3D and heard the V2 came out but cant find anyone selling it. Im looking to get back into 3d with an electric flyer, but dont even know where to start now. Theres all kinds of stuff out there now and I was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction with a good 3d slow flying beginner/intermediate, low cost, cheap part, airplane. Thanks
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: 3d ARF airplane comparable to model tech magic 3D V2

ORIGINAL: bhollehday

I used to fly the model tech magic 3D and heard the V2 came out but cant find anyone selling it. Im looking to get back into 3d with an electric flyer, but dont even know where to start now. Theres all kinds of stuff out there now and I was hoping someone could guide me in the right direction with a good 3d slow flying beginner/intermediate, low cost, cheap part, airplane. Thanks

you've not given enough infomatnion but from the looks of that tech magic airplane ... you' ve been out of it a LONG time ... and things have changed

starting out you have to ask yourself do you fly in a area with alot of wind ? if so alot of pepole start out on profiles llike a Mojo or tuff yak . primo OMP has some good profile's
the Kit profiles are tuffer then the ARF profiles ..

if you fly in the morning with light wind .. you can chose a good Foamy Twisted Hobby's has some of the most popular 3D foamys.. they are EPP foam easy to build super tuff super light .. and fly var well .. no dout better then that tech magic airplane . the cheap'st way and probly the fast'st way to accel is flying advanced Foamy's indoor's and just geting crazy with them you'll learn alot.....the only thing that doesn't account vary well is the mass affect .. like you can't do pop top's blender's ,crank shafts, fades tumbles with a foamy becouse it doesnt have mass but the foamy will teach you the stick movment and orgaintion part of that 3D ..

after that you can go down whatever road you like many pepole seem to like the 30cc / 50cc size airframes .. lots to chose from in that range.. but it's not easy on the wallet to learn on that size and it takes a soild state of mind to start to do stuff down low and close to you ,with larger airframes

www.swanyshouse.com
Old 11-20-2012, 11:00 AM
bhollehday

Yes have been out for a while now lol. But I really liked the magic because it would take off quick and land slow, just dont like flying nitro becuase of time, adjustment and clean up. Its usually windy around here but I do usually fly in dead wind mornings, want something that flys realistic. Something that can also fly fast.

Really like that mojo 2, think thats about what im looking for. this isnt the yak your talking about is it?

http://www.hobbytron.com/ParkflyersY...CAirplane.html

Thanks!!
Old 11-20-2012, 12:33 PM
zacharyR

no the tuff yak is a profile from vaule hobby ..

did you go to twisted hobby's web page they have many foamys that 3D well

a MOJO is a great airplane just rember to use the Mo ASS mod that change's the tail makes it longer .. takes away some coupling

FYI Ohio model's has good profiles and they have a black friday sale up coming check them out also
extream flight 3DHS pilot all have good airframes also

If i where you I'd find a good foamy . and a nice size profile .. maybe the mojor 65 with a DLE 20 gasser
Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 PM
bhollehday

Ill chek out twisted hobbies...

Where is the MOJO
MO ASS mod at? I googled it and dont see anything.

OHio models looks like they only have gas models and not electric. I definetly want to stick with an electric plane and not a gas....Ill check out those too foamys you mentioned but what makes you recommend those over a wood frame plane? Thanks

Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 PM
bhollehday

What do you think about this setup also? Any recommendations

[img]webkit-fake-url://167B39EC-EBEF-4342-B3B4-2EEF2F24E83F/imagepng[/img]
Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Zach has some good leads here, check into them.
RCU has had some real quiet times, little inputs.. Take the advice given.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 AM
zacharyR

.swanyshouse.com

for Mojo , primeo taco , they have hte mo ass modd on the web page

these are Kit's they build easy and quick , you can make them eletric if you want just going to take some of your own enginnering . .. should be simple ... out runner and a mount strap the battery under the wing . ..

if you don't want to do that you can buy a 3DHS extream flight plane ,, how ever you can't dump those in the ground has hard ..

here's another option that i would consider also http://www.shop.kavarootusa.com/prod...&categoryId=17 plus a DLE 30

the downfall to eletric really is ... if me and you go to the flying field and i have a gas plane and you have a elertric plane .. I can fly twice as much in one day that you can fly ...
learning 3D you really need to the same thing over and over again .. i'd perf gas if i could,

a wrongway 30cc profile .. or smaller .. a Mojo 65 with a DLE 20 ....

it's really up to you but there's no way to get around spending time flying and spending it doing things your not use to doing .. like figer 8 harrier's up right and inverted , wheel's in hoovering .. wheel's in KE fade... doing low blender's roller's to the right rollers from the left .

Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

ORIGINAL: bhollehday

Ill chek out twisted hobbies...

Where is the MOJO
MO ASS mod at? I googled it and dont see anything.

OHio models looks like they only have gas models and not electric. I definetly want to stick with an electric plane and not a gas....Ill check out those too foamys you mentioned but what makes you recommend those over a wood frame plane? Thanks

The MoAss mod is part of the MoJo kits now. The plans have been updated and the larger tube and longer tail and larger surfaces are already planned in.
Great place to start for a kit.

If it's an ARF you are after, then the Valuehobby Sabre is a great flying plane as well and very reasonably priced. They have three sizes from a small electric to a 60 size and all can be made electric fairly easily.

Here are some good videos of the little Sabre.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZk8wD11MaU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uj6Z-LwDks[/youtube]
Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 AM
bhollehday

what about an all around easy flying good loking electric plane that is likea beginner 3d or something that is not as aggresive as 3d but can still do rolls and stuff? I never got into the 3d tricks just enjoyed flying the plane, id be happy with an easy landing fast flying plane if it had larger control surfaces.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM
zacharyR

all the 3d planes will do what your talking about , 3D planes are not vilent they all fly soft it's how you set them up and how you fly them

Old 11-21-2012, 09:43 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

The ones I mentioned will all fly nice easy lines on low rates. It's all in how you set up the TX with these.
Give them 20% low rates and 100% on high rates and they will behave nicely and when you are ready hit the switch and have fun.
Then back to 20% to land.

After a while you'll stop using the low rates for anything. I've quit setting them up altogether.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
kerwin50

A twist is v ery close to the magic
Old 12-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Rick75
My Feedback: (3)

I think the h9 Tango is what you're looking for.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...40-arf-HAN4600
Old 12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Just had to chime in here.................I fully agree that the Twist 40 flies much like the Magic V2. The Tango flies nothing like either!
I have seven twist's flying currently with 46-55 ehgines.............two Tango's........& a Magic V2 with a 46 AX. The Magic V2 is my favorite fun fly contest plane as it will flip around & bite it's own tail & again the Twist is close.
The Tango flies great also but it flies much like a ..........well..........a Tango. Completely different bird.
I also have two Magic V2's new in the box but not selling them at this time. SORRY...................

The above is just my opinion & should not be taken as fact! (True though) Please no hate mail

Tcat
Old 07-05-2013, 06:16 PM
albsurfer

Swanyshouse Primo 40 is a great plane.