Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Ripmax J!ve

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Ripmax J!ve

Old 12-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Tiffie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripmax J!ve

Anybody flown this yet? Not sure if Fun Fly's should be in this section of the forum but can't find them anywhere else.

http://www2.ripmax.net/Item.aspx?ItemID=A-ARTF6716

Not had a Fun Fly style model before but quite like the look of this. Got an Irvine 30 something (36 or 39 but can't quite remember) in my collection if i can find it! Not bought a glow model in ages. Can't bring myself to electrify it, I still like engines too much.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:54 AM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Ripmax J!ve

I'd like to see a video of it flying. Looks interesting!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 PM
thatairplaneguy
My Feedback: (50)

Looks like ripmax got the rights to the magic and added SFGs and a new vert. Which I don't like. The longer vert will slow down its flat spins. But everything else is nice. Looks like they took all the bad issiues from the magic and fixed them, LG, rare fuselage, no curvy wing tips, bigger elevator, better layout in the fuse. More sheeting yet with more lighting holes throughout. And I love the scheme! Not only does it look good but you can now see where you broke it after each flight! Maybe that's just for me, lol

And I'm interested to see what the SFGs would do on a high wing fun fly.

I'm Definatly in for one because my magic won't last forever!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 AM
Tiffie

I guess every Fun fly looks similar to any other because they are fun flys. A bit like all model Spitfires tend to look like Spitfires because that's what they are! The difference tends to be in the detail and original thought.

This one seems to have quite a few different features. The obvious one is the SFGs, but the wing looks pretty thin as well compared to the conventional Fun Fly. Can't see the wing section (and its not mentioned) but it doesn't look symmetrical from what I can see in the pictures. I think the ailerons are tapered as well so maybe the entire wing is. Again, not easy to tell from the photos.

One thing you can't hide with transparent covering is the build quality!! Looks good in the pics.

Hope there is a video soon.