Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Snap rolls with GYROs

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Snap rolls with GYROs

Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 AM
akouzmit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snap rolls with GYROs

I have couple questions for “snap rolls” experts and the pilots who is using GYROs while performing aerobatics:

1) What if I will setup 3 gyros (like Futaba GYA431/GYA430) on ruder, elevator and as an option on ailerons?

Let’s assume I will bring the plane to “start” position for snap roll (nose up 45 degree) and start applying ONLY ailerons (w/o ruder and elevator).

Question: Will be ruder and elevator gyros do the job to keep plane in a good position to continue snap roll only by applying ailerons input and maintaining throttle input?

2) For snap roll in general => Will be it is better to remove “force generators” from the wing ends in order to easy off snap roll figure for the plane?

Thank you,
Andrei K.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts
Default RE: Snap rolls with GYROs

Snap rolls are a maneuver that requires all control surfaces and is supposed to simulate a stall condition. What you are describing is just a fast roll on a 45 degree up line.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:54 AM
raknsak

Guro,s only keep your plane stable in nuetral positions, does not actually move controls for things like snap rolls.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 AM
raknsak

GYRO'S
Old 03-24-2013, 03:09 AM
akouzmit

I guess I used term snap rolls incorrectly ,,, sorry about that ...

I'd like to perform multiple rolls while flying horizontally with ~45 degree nose up.

What this figure name is? Barrel rolls????

I think ruder and elevator gyros may assist pilot if pilot will start this figure with 45 degree bnose up and full aelerons one or another direction

Could you comment on that, please?

Andrei K.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

sounds like Harrier rolls to me
this takes weeks, months, and years to master.

You need a good instructor, A good plane, and lots of stick time on the sim and real life.
The plane needs to be set up very well, very well and you need to practice.

You can learn this on your own, with a proper set up aircraft and an online tutorial and keep putting in hours of mastering.

If you dont want to commit to it, you will never master this skill.
Gyros? your skill set will not advance using them, likely retard the learning process.

Its dedication that will train you, not an electronic assistant.
If you want to Harrier roll like a pro, get serious and look at yourself and your equipment and figure out where things need to improve or change.

This video is of PRO quality, most of us will never reach this level at all. Its one of the best Harrier and High Alpha Vids out there, amongst other cool moves.
NO GYRO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzowQtqOM_I