Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

is it really that good? u can do

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

is it really that good? u can do

Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it really that good? u can do

Is the great planes u can do 3d really as great as it is on realflight 6? It's so easy to fly, great at 3d and you cant hardly stall it lol.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:03 AM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Default RE: is it really that good? u can do

No. It's a decent roller/hover trainer. Good entry level.
It's not great at 3D.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:09 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

+1 to T/skull comments that are much better options out depending on if you already have a motor that u are using if not the options are so much better....
Old 05-17-2013, 05:58 AM
rpat

My least favorite plane. Don't care for it that much. I have the reactor and I love it. Much better plane than the U can do.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

i always get angry when pepole rommend U can do's to learns

its just out dated and not a good airplane these days and ages theres better
Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 AM
t-max97

Well that sucks, Its just so good on realflight. Thanks guys.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:17 AM
andizzle

realflight can be deceptive and should just be used as a training aid. i like my u can do, easy to hover knife edges like a champ. will fly ungodly slow before it falls out of the sky. main flaw i found with it is where the landing gear mounts is fairly weak. had one hard landing and tore them right off
Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 AM
zacharyR

see this is the type of guy i don't like [:@]

becouse hes giveing false infomatin I HAVE NEVER SEEN A U CAN DO "KNIFE EDGE LIKE A CAMP"

the ones i've had and flown all had coupling issues .. all the issues mulit demional so it would require ailerion and elvator mix to fly a hands off knife edge and even then wouldn't really do it .. and it whould change its habbets going from flat out knife edge to alpha knife edge fade ...

also the plane didn't want to lay flat in a bender the plane's hor stab was weak as heck i blew if off with flutter a few times the stock control horns suck ass if you fly decent .. you'll bend them

the plane doesn't snap well the plane doesnt carrie speed for pop tops .. yes hte plane can hover and it's easy to hover and yes it does fly slow

but come on man don't say stuff just isnt true .... the plane DOES NOT KNIFE EDGE well

and hell i didn thave problem with land gear becouse i never daired to harrier land it or slam it down hard ...... i knew it wouldnt hold out

also the plane was funky going into a KE spin ..

Old 05-17-2013, 10:33 AM
ameyam

I agree. Try the Reactor 46. It has a bit of issue with the landing gear block (needs reinforcement, CF is recommended) but flies just well. Plus you can use it for sports / sunday flying as well

If you want a big size airplane in a small package, try the Reactor Bipe 61. It flies 3D very well, just a pain to assemble on field

Ameyam
Old 05-17-2013, 10:57 AM
andizzle

so beacuse i can personally knife edge my u can do with little effort it means i give false information..lol ok
Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 AM
zacharyR

yes it does

its fale to clame the plane kinfe edges well WHEN IT HAS BAD COUPLING issues

this is false dont care what pilot you are .. if you joe smith the damn plane still doesn't knife edge well

and it would be false to clame that it does .. THATs MY POINT U CAN DO fans seem to not know a good plane to save their lives and dirves me freaking nuts

look up at the post other pepole arnt claming its a good airplane for a reason its not a matter of my opnion its a matter of fact [:@]

hey the plane is what it is .. its kinda a oldie start 3D plane thats a hybrid profile / fuse plane and flys okay .. thats IT .. there are better profiles now and way better full fused planes that don't share the coupling the funking flying quarks
Old 05-17-2013, 01:51 PM
krayzc-RCU

I ran both glow OS -91 and gas on mine and I can't say a lot of good about this plane. Its lands slow mine would not do the blenders well. you can do a wall, t-roll but by today's standard get something more proven.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77424.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	1882667   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71828.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1882668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37888.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	1882669   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw63895.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1882670   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj64870.jpg
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1882671   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uk77696.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1882672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gf19014.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1882673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh75497.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	1882674  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb20444.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	1882675   Click image for larger version

Name:	Do62458.jpg
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1882676  
Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM
JRgraham
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: andizzle

so beacuse i can personally knife edge my u can do with little effort it means i give false information..lol ok

Old 05-17-2013, 02:29 PM
t-max97

Thanks for the input, the u can do is out of the question for me now lol.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:11 PM
raubold
My Feedback: (156)

Hey, i had all 3 sizes, prefered the 46 size with 92 (old) Saito, correctly setup its knife edging alright, tips pins are cool, for hover its a great trainer, harrier okay, if you want affordable entry level 3D machine and practice for larger stuff get one. The Reactor was just rattling apart behind a 82 Saito, yes flew better but didnt last for ___. depends on what you want. Actualy thinking to get me another one, since i wore out 2 of them and still like it
Old 05-17-2013, 07:10 PM
swiftkick1
My Feedback: (2)

I also have a u can do zenoah 26 equiped ( giant ).....noooooo problems knife edge at all...sure theres a little coupling.... but lets get a plane lay it on its side using no inputs to keep it in knife edge attitude.(hands off).. and that will surely make us all the greatest pilots in the world. Set the CG as far aft as you feel comfortable for pitch sensitivity and then add another 1/2" aft and it wakes the plane up immmmmmensly... it 3d's rather nice, with proper setup ...in fact as well as my PAU 38% ultimate dle 111 equiped bipe. I also am not a sport flier, when I fly it is 100% 3d and 85 - 90 % WO throttle with one manuver to the next non stop till landing never a problem. Just for the record I am not a U Can Do fan just stating facts associated with my experiences with the setup in my plane
Old 05-17-2013, 09:17 PM
chadxp1

I have a You Can Do. I love it. I have never had a problem with landing gear. I fly off a rough grass field. Not a rolled club field. It can fly very slow. It was my first plane. So I think its a good beginners plane. Thats just my opinion as other will most likely disagree. I glued the stab and everthing on mine myself as it was my first ARF. I used epoxy like the directions said so I dont understand why others are having problems with stabs falling off. Anyway I disagree.

Chad
Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 AM
zacharyR

lets clear something up

the statement of false hoood was " easy to hover knife edges like a champ" "like a champ"... now i consider this to mean on par with the best flying stuff out there . or really close to the top of knife edge perofrmance that you can buy today . if i am going to use " like a champ " i wouldn't use it on something that is medicore ..

so for example i wouldnt say my hobbico trainer knife edges like a champ ... or my piper cub knife edges like a champ .. now ... that being side i can personly easly fly a knife edge with a trainer ... or a piper cub even .. will i be able to fly prolonged figer 8 ? or KE fade's ? or death slides ? NOOO .. thats my point the U can do doesn't KE well .. it does it medicore .. just like evey thing eles the airplane does Medicore .... but yes you can fly a you can in KE easly .. that was not the argurment..

and how can you love a 3D airplane that can't even do a Blender ? or a pop top ? thats what gets to me ...there is just better airframes , that is a known .. you can presonly love it for whatever reason .. but on the scale of current airframes ..its medicore ... [:@]
Old 05-20-2013, 07:28 AM
nitro wing

maybe he meant like an "Aeronca Champ"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77611.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1883545  
Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

maybe he meant like an ''Aeronca Champ''
Hahaha, Just drop it guys it's not big deal. Thanks for the input.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:25 PM
raubold
My Feedback: (156)

no blender ?? blends fine for me, like mentioned all in the SETUP, snap roll into a wall with sustained hover probably not possible right ? mine did [X(]
don,t put this plane down please (maybe some folks need to learn to fly or just spoiled by top dollar airplanes)
Old 05-20-2013, 05:23 PM
phase5

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents, nothing flies as well as any plane on realflight period, had a 60 size I did learn alot from the plane, it flies great until you get something that really flies great then you see the short falls in the air frame. Wind was the worst thing i found with mine even though the 60 size is suppose to do well in mild winds, I was not a great 3D guy before crashing it so I can't say what the limitations are. After getting a good profile plane to advance on I would not have another U Can Do because IMO there is better for the same price, but if you like it get it if it was junk they would not sell or be made.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:11 PM
nitro wing

If anyone claims its still comparable with modern similar size aircraft, simply post a 1-2 minute video of it flying doing the above moves.
If it KE's like a champ, shoot a quick clip to show everyone is wrong, if it can do this and that, show it, verbal promises shows nothing.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:28 AM
krayzc-RCU

nitro wing u hit the nail on the head all flyers do things well until a vid has to be posted.

my plane weighs

my motor tachs

i fly hard 3d

this plane knife edges hands off

this plane 3d with the best of them

this motor idles so low

no mixing is needed for this plane

then b4 i say all of that i just post a vid of the good things i say on another site...

most flyers know a good set up makes a difference and with that thick wing welll.....
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 AM
zacharyR

ORIGINAL: raubold

no blender ?? blends fine for me, like mentioned all in the SETUP, snap roll into a wall with sustained hover probably not possible right ? mine did [X(]
don,t put this plane down please (maybe some folks need to learn to fly or just spoiled by top dollar airplanes)

you say "no blender blends fine for me .."

by the way you phrased that sounds like you don't even know what a blender is .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.