Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Which plane?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Which plane?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:18 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which plane?

Im thinking about getting another plane for my birthday next month and am considering these [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXASMG&P=ML]1[/link]

[link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYSU2&P=7]2[/link] [link=http://www.swanyshouse.com/mojo/mojo.aspx]3[/link] [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBGZM&P=0]4[/link] , I want something that's fun to fly, at least mildly 3d capable, light wing loading so it slows down for landing and doesn't tip stall, sport flier,which one of these, or another plane for that matter would be best in your opinion?
Old 05-19-2013, 04:47 PM
t-max97

Default RE: Which plane?

As a side note I'm still a fairly newer pilot, I just built a great planes extra 300s .40 and only have about 20 minutes of flight on it due to engine problems but while landing was a little tricky I was very comfortable flying it. I have never flown anything 3d capable.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:58 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

that mojo sure is a easy to fly 3d plane
Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, this plane would be the best choice.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:31 PM
JRgraham
My Feedback: (1)

Id suggest the Edge, for sure. That thing will float in on landings, almost by itself, will do any 3Dyou want to try to learn, super stable to just sport fly around, and best of all, it just looks cool.

The Yak Id say, but its getting a bit small IMO. and is not quite as stable as the Edge.

Dont know about the Razor, but not to bad mouth Tower.. it looks like its worse than Cheaply made, and would likely fall apart fast.

MoJo.. capable for sure, but Iwould be willing to bet you would loose interest in that plane very fast. Its one of those kinda planes that are fun to fly, but not as your primary airplane.. only something to get, just because.

And yeah, that will probly start some flames from someone.. oh well. Just my opinion!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 PM
ameyam

OP,

the AW Edge is not really a good 3D airplane, atleast not with the stock engine size. I have heard people talk of putting 100 size 4C engines on it

The Mojo is a all out 3D but I am not sure how comfortable you will be doing sports flying with it. If you want hardcore 3D, thats the best to start with

The Phoenix Yak is just sports

I would recomment the GP Reactor 46. Get a 65ax or 90 size 4C engine for it. I am flying a much abused Reactor with a 91FS and it flies read. Yesterday, I hovered it half a flight and then flew sports pattern for the rest. Thoroughly enjoyable airplane and mine isint anywhere near ideal in terms of built (banged it several times, this is the 4th engine on it)

If you do go for the Reactor, a lot of guys can offer some strategic building advice

By the way, the Razor is similar flying, but smaller

Ameyam
Old 05-20-2013, 05:18 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

OMP makes some decent AFR profiles ... FYI if you do not wish to build a kit via the Mojo / Primo

Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 AM
t-max97

Thanks for the input everyone, I'm leaning toward the edge, I know the mojo would be better at 3d and learning 3d but it's not really a plane to just fly around. The reactor looks pretty nice but it's so expensive for that size plane. I'm sure the edge is not near as good at pure 3d as the mojo but It still looks pretty capable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t7QXFRs0zQ