Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

aurora rc light sys

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

aurora rc light sys

Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 PM
outacntrl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aurora rc light sys

jst took out the airfoilz 540 w/ the light set up.. was really great looking and highly visible..... but caused signal loss aftr i got mabe 150-200 feet away i noticed the motor plusing a cpl times fairly close but aftr i got too far she was almost a pile of foam... im running futaba 6ex 72mhz ??? mabe nxt try will be on my 2.4ghz sys... anybody have this problem... i set it up per instructions that came w/ light kit although it dont say much.. not bashing aurora rc the kit is awesome but it almost cost me my favorite foamy ??? i flew it a cpl days ago w/o the light kit and all was fine, gonna try it tomorrow w/o kit on there and see if its on my end but dont thing so ???

Last edited by outacntrl; 08-10-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:31 PM
outacntrl

pulled off the lights and all's good today ???? will try on my 7c 2.4ghz nxt time...
Old 08-12-2013, 05:28 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

I don't know 100 % what the issue is but If i had to guess i highly dout hte Light system produced RF . I do suspect that the system has power requirment that maybe your on bord system is haveing a issue meeting

sepcily if your useing switching ESC with built in BEC .. normaly these are really current limtted . please check your specs and give us the BEC power specs

if you'd like a quick troubling shooting tool plug in a stand alone BEC , or just a bench testing battery piggy back it into the the RX's power buss then have friend hold airplane and repeat your range test issue

thats my thoughts that the light system might be puting extra load on the BEC that was already close to maxed out so your over power could be closer to brown out stage .. granted 72 MHZ can run at VARY low voltages but i suspect if your power goes down to sub 4 volts issue it might still work but might be prone to some glitches .

good luck
Old 09-14-2013, 03:08 PM
outacntrl

well i finally got to retry it w/ a 2.4ghz reciever in the plane, works like a charm ??? who really know what was going on.... but its a awesome thing to fly it @ night... will jst say it was a reciever problem .. its a really nice light kit aurora rc came out with...i see more in my future thanks...