Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Carbon Z Yak 3X - Awesome Plane

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

E-Flite Carbon Z Yak 3X - Awesome Plane

Old 02-09-2014, 05:06 PM
dog-e-doc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite Carbon Z Yak 3X - Awesome Plane

Just purchased an eflite carbon z yak 3x. Did not get to maiden this bird until this afternoon due to illness. This plane is awesome for a foamy. Punch out power is great. inputs are very crisp and servo centering is excellent. 6.5 minute flights with a 3200mah 30C 4S lipo. There was a little wing rock doing harriers but it was very manageable. Stalls are very predictable without tip stalling to one side. Knife edge is very smooth. CG was spot on with battery all the way to the back of the battery compartment. After some fine tuning on the gyro set up this thing will rock. I was reluctant to fly in the sport mode with the small amount of throw the elevator had but it was more than enough. Set this up just like the instructions state and that is a great starting point. When put into 3D mode this thing will perform. Best foamy out there IMHO. The color scheme is fantastic and is easily recognizable in the air.

Dogedoc
Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 on that Dogedoc!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine assembled sitting in the living room waiting for good weather. Snowing right now so I have to wait. Your review gets me excited to put it through it paces to see what it can do. Thanks.