Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Building the Fly-Model Extra300LP 30cc 3D ARF Kit

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Building the Fly-Model Extra300LP 30cc 3D ARF Kit

Old 05-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Jerry woodrough

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building the Fly-Model Extra300LP 30cc 3D ARF Kit

Okay so i bought this kit last Friday i got it on this Friday super good shipping and when i opened the box i am super happy with the quality so here is what
it comes with a super nice tail wheel linkages and fuel tank servo arms and every thing for pull pull i will be posting more updates as i get it going but if you have any questions please ask I CANT WAIT TO GET THIS PLANE IN THE AIR !!!!!

I will be posting pics later today
Old 05-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Jerry woodrough

Here is a link i recommend checking these planes out !! http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=977753
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Does it seem heavy? How are the control surfaces for 3d? I want to get one for 3D but too many of these cheaper kits such as seagull are too heavy for 3d out of hte box.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Jerry woodrough

It is surprisingly light feels really light but strong and it has great surfaces i got the plane to do 3D with i am saving up for the motor and then it will be in the air but i will post pics of all surfaces today sorry i got tied up yesterday
Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Jerry woodrough

Here are some Pics I am super happy with the quality of this plane !!!! for some reason t would not let me upload the pics to RCU so here they are on the Rcjetsworld Facebook page please like and share

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RCjet...9728?ref=br_tf

Attached Thumbnails
Old 05-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Jerry woodrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVHe...=youtu.be&hd=1
Old 05-08-2014, 03:07 PM
Jerry woodrough

Okay guys good news i should have my motor ordered tomorrow and i will be getting a Fly Models slick 540 50cc !!! this one http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=978435so i will open another post for the slick 540 and i will be doing a unboxing video and doing a build video as well with all the measurement for the linkages and everything if you would like that for the 30cc please let me know and if you have any questions please let me know

AND I GOT TO SAY I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS PLANE CANT WAIT FOR THE 50cc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jerry woodrough; 05-08-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:50 AM
essyou35

My 30CC should be here tomorrow. I plan to do a full thread on it. I should have all the upgrades including the carbon spar, carbon gear, spinner and fancy tires.

I was going to go gas in fear this would be a heavy plane but after reading up a bit and I decided to go electric. In true "budget" style I went with stuff from hobby partz as well. I got the tacon 110 motor and some EXI servos. I have a CC 100 amp ESC and will use that for an 8s setup.

I have a stash of 4s 4000 40C zippy lipos so hoping that gives me a setup I can 3d with.

Not sure on prop yet probably a 19X10.

Since I have the lipos and ESC, I also got a deal on my airframe so I think I will have it flying for $240 MAX
Old 05-13-2014, 07:14 AM
Jerry woodrough

Nice cant wait to see it i have a 50cc slick 540 on the way it should be here Thursday i have the servos and 56cc motor already so i cant wait !!!!! I will also be doing a build thread a unboxing video and a build video
Old 05-19-2014, 07:39 AM
essyou35

I built my 30CC over the weekend. One aileron failed the "test" I gave it all all the hinge pins broke. I left the rest of them in on all the other surfaces but really might hve to replace them eventually. It only took me 8 hours or so to build it, I went with all hobby partz stuff including the electric motor.

I like the tail wheel how it does not require another servo or another pushrod going to the rudder servo.

Teh 3d arms it comes with are cool too. I only used them on the rudder so far but I think I will need them everywhere to get 3D throws.

Got a 20X6 wood prop right not probably not the best but its what I got.

No suprises on this except the hinges I hope they wont be the demise.

BTW I have the carbon fiber landing gear. Its a little bit lighter than the metal one. But the carbon fiber spar is like 1/2 the weight of the metal spar it comes with, well worth the money. I had to sand it to fit as it was a bit long but really easy to do.
I also have the nice CF spinner but the motor I have needs tapped for a screw to hold it on.

It was a perfect day to fly saturday but the hinge issue made me miss the test flight. So waiting for winds to go below 15 before I fly, we are in the 30s right now.

I took alot of pictures for a build thread will be posting it up.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Jerry woodrough

okay sweet sorry to hear about the hinges and cant wait to see the pics