Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Help me idenntify this plane

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Help me idenntify this plane

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 08:57 AM
bigR
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me idenntify this plane

Hi All,

Somebody recently gave me this plane. I think he said it was sold by Hobby People and took a 70 engine. The span is about 60 inches with a 17 inch chord, fuselage length 45 inches. Area something around 1080 square inches. The fuselage is balsa, not lite ply. The nose is very short, only about 5 inches from leading edge to the firewall. There is a hatch on the bottom behind the wing. There is a plywood plate on the bottom for tail dragger landing gear. It only weighs 42 ounces bare This is obviously a 3D fun fly type plane but I don't know where to start.

Based on my calculations of the TVC (tail volume coefficient) the CG should be at 29 percent. This would be very hard to obtain with the short nose. There are cutouts for standard size servos. Any ideas? I have a number of engines to use including a K&B 65, Supertigre 90, OS 52, 90 and 91 four strokes, and a Magnum 61.

Thanks,

John in Kalifornia
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mystery plane 1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	2003481   Click image for larger version

Name:	mystery plane 2.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	2003482   Click image for larger version

Name:	mystery plane 3.jpg