Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Smoke fluid options! Please help!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Smoke fluid options! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:53 AM
fun2fly24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke fluid options! Please help!

HiI recently was given and old TME smoke system. It is probably around 20 years old but works great. I still have the original instruction manual which has many different brews for the best smoke fluid. there are many mixes I can do but I want to stay away from mixing and would like to use one fluid to keep it simple. My options are lamp oil, K-1 kerosene used for heaters, or automatic transmission fluid. Can you please tell me what you think will produce the most smoke based on what other people have tried.
Thanks!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:52 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

buy the pre made mix, it just works better than home brews for the most part, super dri is the standard,
these are messy and will work into covering and saturate wood, seal everything very tight and clean after flying
Old 01-18-2015, 06:01 PM
fun2fly24

Yeah only problem is that its crazy expensive. It used to be soo much cheaper. They raised the price soo much its insane. You'll be suprised how many people just make their own brews. I am just trying to see which brew is the best because there is no way i will spend that kind of money on what i think is going toward the brand name. I am sure their profit margin is huge.thanks
Old 01-18-2015, 06:10 PM
nitro wing

not surprised at how many do their homebrews, but haven't seen any that as good for some reason, what are full size using, they must pour that stuff out by the gallons
Old 01-26-2015, 05:39 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Corvis oil was the standard many years ago.