Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Best servos for Extreme Flight 60" Extra EXP?

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Best servos for Extreme Flight 60" Extra EXP?

Old 01-18-2015, 04:03 PM
tropejm
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best servos for Extreme Flight 60" Extra EXP?

What do you guys recommend?
Old 01-19-2015, 04:13 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that plane last year for about 125 flights before I dumb-thumbed it; replaced it with the 60" Laser. Used Spektrum A5040's in both, which I liked for a while due to low price and digital/MG. However, those due tend to develop quite a bit of gear slop, and I've now had three either develop a terminal case of the jitters or quit outright. Last one that quit was rudder; it locked over hard one way, and I ended up in a flat spin to the ground. Luckily, didn't hurt much. Replaced with Hyperion DH16FTD minis in the tail; lotsa torque but a little slow. Also, I already stripped the rudder servo yesterday in an inadvertent tail-touch

I'm gonna go with Hitec 7245's shortly. These, or the older 5245's have served people well in the 60" planes. Would not recommend the 225MG's; I've had several of those quit for no reason over the years as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	styx-laser.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	2065506  

Last edited by wyo69cowboy; 01-19-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: spelling