Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Pilot RC Extra Switches Installation Question

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Pilot RC Extra Switches Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 08:31 AM
mendezgustavo11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Pilot RC Extra Switches Installation Question

Hello my friend

This is my first time building a plane, being a Pilot Rc Extra 330 SC with a DLE 35RA. i have been advancing very well, but i have spome doubts o how to install the switches. My plane have supposedly the switches holes already prepared but after cutting the monocote on the switch area i noticed the switch is significantly smaller than the hole provided!

Any recommendation on how to fix this?

Thx in advance!

Gustavo

Old 04-17-2017, 06:56 AM
TexasFlash

Larger switches? No, that's not what you wanted to hear. How about mounting a switch in a square of light ply then mounting that behind the existing hole allowing the switch to sit centered in the larger hole of the plane. If you can cover that ply with the same color as the plane or the same color as the switch bezel whatever is seen around the sides of the switch won't be noticeable.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:49 AM
3D Yakin
My Feedback: (11)

I am looking at getting a PIlot RC Extra 330SC as well how do you like the build quality of that plane and did you have to glue hinges in an such. If you have some pictures could you please post I would like to see.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:50 AM
TexasFlash

The build quality was top notch. My only complaint were the cheap/wrong engine mounts and cheap/easily stripped control links. I don't remember if I glued the hinges other than the rudder which you have to do after notching the rear of the fuse for elevator joiner (1 piece elevator/1 servo). I also opened the notch for that joiner as it didn't allow full elevator travel. I insist you get 4/40 rods and ball links and suggest you get a heavier pull pull rudder setup, while not mandatory, will make you sleep better.