Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

NEW HobbyKing / Avios Extra 330LX

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

NEW HobbyKing / Avios Extra 330LX

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 05:47 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default NEW HobbyKing / Avios Extra 330LX

HobbyKing and the Avios Team collaborated to provide this excellent rendition of a real Extra 300 LX. The original planes color scheme was worked on by Italian designer Mirco Pecorari.

This latest plug and fly Extra is made of EPO foam with a realistic color scheme and is big enough at 1.4m wingspan to provide great presence in the air. It is powered by a 4240-600KV brushless outrunner with a 14x7 wood propeller.

No glue required. Takes minutes to assemble using a small number of screws. Wings lock into place and are released by using a button under each wing. Rudder is on closed loop system which I think is unique for a foamy but the mechanism used by all large scale composite aerobatic models so great to see. The scheme is great for visibility AND is well applied.

My flying in the video is from a first maiden flight using a 4S2700 pack which made it super light. I think 4S3300-4S3800 is probably the optimum pack size for weight for 3D/aerobatics and good flight time. I didn't go crazy being a first flight but the way it flew did inspire confidence to get it relatively low for the camera and have immediate fun with it.