Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Interest in 3D Flying

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Interest in 3D Flying

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 10:24 PM
qweedqwag
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interest in 3D Flying

Hey folks,

My name is Mike and I have questions about 3D flying but first about my experience, I have 2years of experience starting with flying high wing trainers and moving on to low wing sport planes, I have crashed with the best of them. I am a intermediate pilot and am looking to learn how to fly 3D, I wanted to get some ideas for an intro 3D plane. I have read several articles on the U CAN DO 3 D and the Funtana as well as the Flip 3D each seem to have their own issues right now. I would like to get some feedback on a good first 3d plane and maybe some info to support you decesion, I would appreciate any help from the group.

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Interest in 3D Flying

By far the easiest hovering plane I have flown is the UCD60. However, it doesn't hold a steady Harrier like my Kangke Fun 50. A coroplast airplane like a QHOR or SPA3D make good 3D trainers because they hover and harrier well, and you aren't afraid to try new things down low with them. Another option is getting an 80"+ scale aerobat and learn 3D with that.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:35 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what Lloyd is doing!

Per my observations, the best is the Flip.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:21 AM
lomcevek1

I will agree that a SPA3D is great for learning because you can crash it repeatedly and it will come back for more, plus you can destroy the entire plane and be out about ten bucks. (Well maybe 15)

For the more capable 3D kits you could try the Ohio model Planes edge 540 or the morris hobbies Sledge. They are both profiles but they will perform like no other.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

What he said : The Spad 3D.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

Yep, SPA3D, will teach you a lot. I wasn't sure at first. I could fly my Knife and FF Taco, hover, tailtouch, a little harrier. Flew the SPA3D for 3 weeks exclusivly, took out the Taco, harriered up and down the field, hovered better than ever, touched the tail repeatedly, inverted harrier for a little while Etc.

Plus Spa3d flat spins to the ground w/o damage!!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 12:01 AM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

I heard of a guy doig a flat-spin takeoff. DOn't know what plane but that seems a little..I dunno..impossible
Old 11-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Gordo-ProBro
Banned

ORIGINAL: 3DFanatic

I heard of a guy doig a flat-spin takeoff. DOn't know what plane but that seems a little..I dunno..impossible

I almost got one with my Spa3d. I needed a higher angle of attach but higher gear isn't available. Not sure how to fix that!
Old 11-02-2003, 10:43 AM
sparkplug

I just flew my spad 3d today and I am also new to 3d and man this thing is great. For the cost you just cannot go wrong. It's not the nicest plane but you will have a great time flying it. I was skeptical at first and even while I was building it. I was wondering if it would even fly but yep she flys and does a heck of alot more then that. By the way you can put one together faster then even an ARF which is good in my books.

This will definetly help me be a better pilot.

Enjoy!