Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Mini 3D from Extreme Flight anyone get it yet ?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Mini 3D from Extreme Flight anyone get it yet ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:55 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini 3D from Extreme Flight anyone get it yet ?

ORIGINAL: xoon

IT"S BACK IN STOCK!!!
It says sold out on the web site?

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/XFRC-products.htm

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42579.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	301029  
Old 07-24-2005, 07:59 PM
xoon
My Feedback: (3)

sorry.. i thought i remember when it is sold out it was the BIG WORDS on top of the pictures, sorry
Old 07-25-2005, 08:31 AM
motodude11
My Feedback: (1)

The K&B is one of my most reliable motors its lighter than a OS 25FX (i know that since i have a 25FX in a combat of mine) and the K&B has as much power if not more, i don't know what rpm its running but i have a 9x4 topflight wood prop on it. If you guys have K&B's that don't run just send them to me i'll take them from ya. I LOVE THEM!!! If you want to know the secret to the K&B it's just take the baffle out of the muffler and put a tap for back pressure on the exhaust. I have this K&B and then i have a 45 too (both are the old sportsters). I did this mod to both of them and they run awesome!! I don't have a scale thats small enough to read what the K&B weighs but the plane weighs 2.1 pounds. For gear i have three HS-81's for ailerons and elevator, a metal gear way-point mini for the rudder, a HS-55 for throttle, and a hitec mini receiver.

Josh
Old 08-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Dewey2
My Feedback: (24)

Anybody know if I can get a replacement wing? Or were I can buy the covering to fix mine. I Had my Uncle pick me one up at a hobby shop and the wing is crushed[:'(][:@]
Old 08-18-2005, 05:40 PM
drumbum

i used monokote on the repairs on mine. the yellow is different but i figured i would never enter it in a plane show
Old 08-19-2005, 09:07 AM
motodude11

the same colors that match are from oracover or ultracote

Josh
Old 12-29-2005, 09:52 AM
j woodward

Well Guys,

Better late than never. I put together my Mini 3D over two nights and ran the engine last night. I installed Futaba 3101's on rudder, ailerons and throttle, and a Hitec 205 on elevator. For some reason the 3101 on the elevator was not moving fast enough so I went with a little larger servo on the elevator. I'm using a Nimh 640 pack with a standard 8 channel FM reciever. I'm using the GMS .32 for power. Total weight came out at 2 lbs 6 oz. I'll be flying the plane for the first time on Saturday. Although the motor ran well right from the start, my first thought was, "gee, I should have made this thing electric." I still might convert it to E power. It is just a tad larger in wing span than my Zoom Zoom 4D. In just one run, exhaust residue was all over the right side of the plane. The GMS started right up and with little adjustment, ran very well. Hopefully it runs good during flight. The only potential problem I see so far is that the geometry of the tank is such that only a short piece of fuel tubing goes to the clunk. I installed a heavier clunk with a large steel prop-nut also for extra weight. I think it will be OK but I'm not sure it will drain the tank totally. We'll see this weekend. During build I did do everything possible on the wing and fuselage prior to installing the main wing. Figuring out the engine pod took the most time but was still rather simple. The plane was easy to align straight. It looks like it is going to be a blast to fly! One reason for condiering electric is that the plane itself is so light, that the nose is not really strong enough to "firmly-grip" while applying the starter to the engine. While holding the plane vertical and running the GMS at full power, it really wanted to "leap" out and fly. If it wasn't for being dark, I probably would have flown it from the neighborhood street like I do the foamy. I also installed a little foam wheel for the tail wheel, instead of the wire. If I really like it, I might install the Futaba 9650 mini-digitals, as the wing loading could still manage an extra 2 oz of weight easily

Jim W.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:08 PM
STG

Mine is 2.5 pounds. FX25 and 81mgs-- Really like the way this bird fies. Check out this recent movie. Have fun!

http://home.comcast.net/~stgflying/MINI3D.wmv

Old 12-29-2005, 11:00 PM
drumbum

where did you manage to find one? ive been repairing and repairing mine because i cant find another
Old 12-30-2005, 02:21 PM
T Erickson

Nice vid STG, Too bad about obnoxious engine noise, you really should try a saito on that thing! I sure miss my mini, seems like a real void of 3d arfs in this size. T.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:02 PM
STG

ORIGINAL: T Erickson

Nice vid STG, Too bad about obnoxious engine noise, you really should try a saito on that thing! I sure miss my mini, seems like a real void of 3d arfs in this size. T.
I am sure the SA40 would be nice on this bird also. Not sure about the extra vibration though.[&:]

I must have a couple gallons thru the 25FX now (4oz at a time) and it has not skipped a beat. In the warmer weather it almost always starts with a quick backflip (like my 1.6FX )

I would do the 25FX again on this bird. I like the 10x3 apc on it--think it spins it in the mid 13's.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:37 PM
j woodward

HI Guys,

I flew my Mini 3D for the first time today. The GMS .32 on the APC 11x3 really sings! The vertical performance was stunning - blistering - (add your explicative)!!!!!!!!!!! Bizarre, explosive vertical performance with this setup (total weight was 2 lbs 6 oz). On the 4th flight I stripped the rudder servo gears (Fut 3108). Seeing the awesome performance of the plane, I'm goint to install some Futaba 9650 digital mini's all around. The "feel" of this plane was the same as my Hype 3D in terms of lightness, but twice the "punch" going vertical (Versus the Hype with Irvine .53 combo). By the 4th flight the engine was running more reliable and I did a bunch of slow flight stuff as well as high-as-you-can-see vertical stuff. I'm really looking forward to flying this some more. While the convience of an electric setup would be nice, I'm not sure an electric setup would match this same explosive performance from the GMS (given the same weight). For now, I'm leaving it glow. I'm not a 3D expert, but I was able to solidly hover this plane (again, VERY similiar to the Hype 3D in feel).

Jim W.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:39 PM
STG

ORIGINAL: j woodward

HI Guys,

I flew my Mini 3D for the first time today. The GMS .32 on the APC 11x3 really sings! The vertical performance was stunning - blistering - (add your explicative)!!!!!!!!!!! Bizarre, explosive vertical performance with this setup (total weight was 2 lbs 6 oz). On the 4th flight I stripped the rudder servo gears (Fut 3108). Seeing the awesome performance of the plane, I'm goint to install some Futaba 9650 digital mini's all around. The "feel" of this plane was the same as my Hype 3D in terms of lightness, but twice the "punch" going vertical (Versus the Hype with Irvine .53 combo). By the 4th flight the engine was running more reliable and I did a bunch of slow flight stuff as well as high-as-you-can-see vertical stuff. I'm really looking forward to flying this some more. While the convience of an electric setup would be nice, I'm not sure an electric setup would match this same explosive performance from the GMS (given the same weight). For now, I'm leaving it glow. I'm not a 3D expert, but I was able to solidly hover this plane (again, VERY similiar to the Hype 3D in feel).

Jim W.
Sometimes I will get 7 flights on mine, with just enough time to refuel in between--that would cost a lot with electric.

What is the 32 turning a 11x3?

This is my blast out...yours is most likely better....I am happy with mine though.

http://home.comcast.net/~ccrsfield/Mini_blast.wmv

Old 12-31-2005, 08:11 PM
drumbum

HI Guys,

Jim W.
Yea mine is Electric and the vertical is unreal too.. I put an AXI for a 6 LB plane on it, swinging a 13x4.5 APC E
Old 01-01-2006, 11:56 AM
j woodward

HI STG,

The blast out video is nice. Your video looks very close to what mine was doing yesterday.
Jim
Old 01-01-2006, 01:27 PM
STG

HI STG,

The blast out video is nice. Your video looks very close to what mine was doing yesterday.
Jim
It can't be quite as good as yours or drumbums, but it is enough for me....plenty of "get out of trouble" power.[sm=lol.gif]

Old 01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
j woodward

Today at lunch was the first time I flew a whole flight with the GMS not quitting (5th flight). Most the flight was as idle and 1/4 power for high-alpha and hovering, with some blast-outs for fun. THIS PLANE IS FUN AND EXCITING!! You can fly it in just about the same space most of us would go for a 30" or so foamie. It is stable, light, you can tie it in knots. With the light wingloading, you can get very slow, with confidence, low to the ground. It gets into a hover nicely. What a cool plane! Extreme Flight RC has such a winner here - it definately flys/feels like a bigger plane. I hope they put this back in production.

Jim W.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:04 PM
STG

What a cool plane! Extreme Flight RC has such a winner here - it definately flys/feels like a bigger plane. I hope they put this back in production.
Jim W.
I have practiced IMAC (Basic & Sportman) with this plane more than any other nito plane I fly (in a big window). (I practice with my foamy more and the simulator the most)
Old 06-08-2006, 08:12 PM
nate1001
My Feedback: (2)

anybody know what happened to these? they ar eno longer on the website. did I miss something?
Old 06-08-2006, 09:04 PM
STG

No more [&o]

Still like to fly mine. I don't know of anything else that could replace it either.