Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Exponential rates?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Exponential rates?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Rotcivv17
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exponential rates?

Hey guys, pardon my ignorance. I know what dual rates are, but what are exponential rates? Thank you
Victor
Old 12-03-2003, 05:02 PM
HenRam

Default RE: Exponential rates?

Exp makes the center of your TX sticks either more sensetive or less sensetive... Remember, it only affects the middle area of the stick. For futaba, to make it less sensitive you'd enter a negative value (eg. -30%) for JR Radios, it's a positive value (eg. +30%)

It's very similar to dual rates. Dual rates effect the whole range of the stick movement... Exp only affects the stick center...

An example would be to have 30% exp on your elevators and airlerons to make your moves smoother.. Because it's less sensetive around the middle, if you accidently apply a little unwanted elevator, it would not show up as much on the aircraft... The cool thing about exp is that once you put the control past the exp point, the control sufaces will move to their full travel.

It's basically like having dual rates but only on a percentage of the stick movement. The rest of the stick movement will respond as if no dual rates were turned on...
Old 12-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Rotcivv17
Banned

Default RE: Exponential rates?

Oh cool! that's awesome! Thank you!