Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

great planes- giles g-202 (the kit)

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

great planes- giles g-202 (the kit)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 09:55 AM
noam_g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default great planes- giles g-202 (the kit)

what do you think about this plane?
how is he for 3d
and what engine he need for maximom 3d?
thank you!!
Old 12-15-2003, 10:51 AM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: great planes- giles g-202 (the kit)

Here is mine. It started out as the 46 kit, and then got bashed just a bit.
1) I used a 91FX with a Jett Engineering Turbo Jett Muffler.
2) I added 1.5 inches to the elevators and rudder.
3) I tossed the rod in tube things and put the rudder servo in the tail, and the elevator servo about 1/2 way back. I have an MK Bellcrank for control.
4) I used Stan's Fibertech glass parts for the cowl and pants. I only use Stan's now.
5) The elevators and ailerons are double beveled.

The colors are Metallic Plum, Yellow, and red (stripe) Monokote. The cowl was painted yellow and then the Plum is actual Monokote, as the Metallic paint does not match. The inside of the canopy is painted with Pactra Formula-U Aluminum paint. It is trimmed with a Metallic Plum Trim Sheet. The letters are cut vinyl from a local shop.

All hinges are sealed, and servo torque recommendations exceeded. The rod from the elevator servo to the surface is a carbon rod 9about 8 inches long), and all others are 4-40.

I liked the kit, and would recommend it to anyone with one or two kits already done. It built pretty easy, and came out straight. I do not have a weight yet, but I'm in hopes for 7 pounds. At 7.5, it would be a bit heavy. I hope for good 3D, but harriers may suffer, as the airfoil gets quite thin at the tip. Most of my flying is not 3D, but lots of snaps, tumbles, and spins. It should excell at all three.