Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Ikarus AeroFly Pro vs. Hobbico's Reflex R/C Simulator

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Ikarus AeroFly Pro vs. Hobbico's Reflex R/C Simulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Ian.W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ikarus AeroFly Pro vs. Hobbico's Reflex R/C Simulator

switch the tx on and remove xtalor module
Old 05-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Spastic

The battery in the transmitter powers the transmiter not the cable from the computer, the transmitter switches on because the trainer plug bypasses the switch, you could unplug the cable from the computer and the TX will still power up.

I run mine a futaba 8uaf with the crystal modual removed so it draws less power (not transmitting)

BE sure your serial ports are on, you can check them in the device manager, that is the only way to know that the serial port is working.

Also, just to be sure, plug in the interface cable before you boot up the computer, some computers have a problem with plug and play of serial.

As far as OMP says the serial to usb converters DO work, even the cheep ones from ***** shack.
sometimes another controler or joystick will interfear with the Aerofly controler, its realy a windows thing. delete any other joystick setups in game controlers in the windows control panel.
KEEP trying its worth it!!!!
talk to the guys at OMP they are really good with this
Old 05-02-2004, 06:11 PM
jet

Thanx Spadstick.
The windows thing didn't like my futaba T6XA, so it did lock out the com port 1 on me. Did it again after reseting my auto reject sys. I switched to the Hitec I thought was smoked, and it seemed to work sometimes. Traced that to a loose socket that Edible-Engine mentioned. Finally got everything together with my Futaba T6YG.
You know something? You're right ! I hung in there, and it's deffinately worth it. Thanx Gobs, and may you never run out of airspeed and altitude at the same time. You, too Edible-Engine.... jet
Old 05-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Spastic

No problem, be sure to check out the aerofly forum for updates, new aiplanes, videos and updates, it's sweet
[link=http://aeroflypro.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php]aerofly pro forum[/link]
Old 09-02-2004, 12:04 PM
flynm
My Feedback: (24)

Question, which is better for IMAC pratice. I need to see the runway in order to practice flying straight lines. I recently tried the G2 and it can be set up so that you see the runway at all times. Does the Ikarus perform this? How does the G2 3D?

dan
Old 09-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Spastic

you can set up a trace function to see if you are flying straight lines, it looks like a ribbon is streaming from the plane, you can screw with the view till you get it where you want in AFP, i think for 3D there is no comparison AFP wins, you can get G2 to 3D but you need to mess with alot of stuff and download special made planes, i've seen it done, once.
the best video ive seen of a plane doing 3d and imac style stuff is here, this is AFP
http://home.tiscali.be/flightfreaks/aeroflypro.wmv

for more video you can look at the aerofly forum they are doing a contest right now
http://aeroflypro.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php