Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

YT International ADRENALINE

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

YT International ADRENALINE

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Acey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YT International ADRENALINE

Hi,

I have a YT Adrenaline with a YS 110 ready to go in it, but does anyone have any ideas on what servos I should put in it? I use JR gear & just need a bit of advice on what type of servos that are needed due to the stress the aircraft will experience during flight.

Thanks[8D]
Old 06-05-2005, 05:45 PM
kinverflyer

The servo choice will depend on your budget and your style of flying. My first one which has clocked up over 50 hours of hard air time, gone in for a refurb, had JR591's all round. My latest one has Futaba 9001 on the ailerons and Hitec 645's on the back end, the 9001 has stripped gears. I'm going back to my cheap 591's.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:18 PM
twoturnspin

Got a chance to fly one of these on the weekend. Powered by a Magnum 120 4S and the guy had set it up with fairly low rates, none the less it was beautiful to fly, predictable and smooth. Lacked some power for anything adventurous but could fly any pattern manouvre you liked. Ali, you have done a great job with this plane. I'm thinking a TT 120RP on a pipe would be perfect.

Acey, for what it is worth, the guy had 591's all 'round as kinverflyer suggested and they seemed to perform well. Personally my preference is for the DS559 which has the same torque and speed as the 591/539 but is digital and metal geared.

Ali, any news/pics yet on the 2m model? I see that our local distributor for ESM is saying there is 160 Katana due in shortly, this wouldn't big the big brother you are talking about would it?

All the best, Simon
Old 06-06-2005, 02:59 AM
tom222

ORIGINAL: Acey

Hi,

I have a YT Adrenaline with a YS 110 ready to go in it, but does anyone have any ideas on what servos I should put in it? I use JR gear & just need a bit of advice on what type of servos that are needed due to the stress the aircraft will experience during flight.

Thanks[8D]
I fly mine with 4 8231s on aileron and elevator, and an 8411 on rudder. I dont think you would be happy with much less power than this. Maybe go down to 591s on aileron but they are a bit too slow for elevator.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:42 AM
hpergm

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Hitec 945 (13Kg/0.13sec) for rudder (plenty strong and fast) and a couple of Hitec 5245 digi minis for each elev half (5.5 kg each) -just right for elevator and I also get some weight savings on the tail. On the wing, I have two Hitec 925s on the ailerons for super fast response (7.7 Kg @ 0.08sec) and an HS81MG controls throttle (go for MG on throttle, the YS will strip plastic gears!!). All run on 6V.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:09 AM
graybags

Giday,
Had to return my kit to the supplier as it was stuffed. Twisted fuz, ailerons and tail plane. They are sending me a new one. I intend to use JR591 everywhere except throttle and go bigger on rudder. The ST2300 seems to have the power on the bench, it probably will take a bit of setting up and some prop trials to get it right. What prop did your friend use on his?I was looking at a APC 15x8 as a starting point. The 2m one sounds like the go for pattern although for transport reasons the 68 inch is the one for me. I will use it for pattern and also to learn some 3D as I haven't done much of that except with my Shock Flier.
Graybags
Old 06-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Lancair-RCU

Ive got a question for everyone whos built an Adrenalin.

The rudder hinges, did you really just use two hinges on the top half only, as per the instructions and as supplied ? To me thats putting ALL the force from the rudder on the top, built up half, of the fin only, not good IMHO. They supply 4 inges per side for aileron, 3 per side for Elevator and only 2 for approx the same length rudder.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:25 AM
davej78

Didnt like the look of that myself so just cut another hinge in below the horizontal stab. Probably uneccessary but did it anyway.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:17 AM
kris1

I built mine as the instuctions. The tail wheel is used as a fourth hinge. I agree doesn't look too good, but I have had no issues at all in the 6 months I have been flting it. I have closed all the gaps on all the surfaces with clear profilm though and I think that helps.

Cheers

Kis
Old 06-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Lancair-RCU

The tailwheel had occured to me as being a third hinge point but Im going to put in another hinge, if I can find a spare one.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:59 AM
tazz_bandit

Hi all,
I have been flying the Adrenaline for 6 months now here in Tasmania and won the Tasmania State Champs with it in Advanced. i powered it with a Magnun 120 Four stroke and found it to have plenty of power.
Only changes to it was the undercarriage where i change it to a Bolly carbon fibre and same for the spats.
It is hard to get people interested in aerobatics here and this was a way of showing that you dont need 2 meter model and a ys 140 or os to be competitive.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:04 AM
tazz_bandit

Do you know what prop was used on the magnun 12o fourstroke ?
Old 06-12-2005, 09:46 AM
davej78

Just putting an ASP 120 fourstroke in my Adrenaline and would like to know prop size and make tazz?
Old 06-12-2005, 01:58 PM
griggles1

I HAVE JUST PUT A YS160 IN A ADRENELINE 2M DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THE VENT PIPES SHOULD BE LEFT OPEN.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:45 PM
kinverflyer

Check this out for a decent bit of flying www.rcfun.co.uk go to gallery page 8 then click on the top photo of the adrenaline, 23mb download
Old 06-12-2005, 03:08 PM
paully

hi all, didnt make sandown this year. has anyone got any pics of the new adrenaline storm????
Old 06-12-2005, 04:55 PM
kinverflyer

It just being fianlised, however there is a picture on the brochure, send YT an email I am sure he will drop one in the post to you. Does look smart.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:15 PM
DesertHucker

ys160DZ is a pumped engine the vent line from the tank should be left open to let air back in the tank one very powerfull engine.
i had the 140dz in the 68" adrenaline 1/4 throttle most of the time awesome engines
Old 06-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Chris-B-chips

well I finnaly had my first and last flight with the adreanline![:@] It took off fine seemed to have plenty of power but as i entered the procedure turn the right hand wing exploded and the plane ended up at the bottom of a river. so thats my YS engine a 7 channel reciever and digital servos gone all withing 1 minute! I used all my pocket money I had to get this plane flying and its at the bottom of a river[:@]!! i am not impressed at all by this plane and being only 13 it took me 6 months to save up for it. it wasn't excessivly heavy (4kg) i sealed the hinge line and pinned every single one of them. i wasn't flying it at full power either i was barely over 1/4. I followed the instructions very carefully and constructed the entire plane with 30min epoxy. I reinforced everything i could to withstand 3D.[][:'(][:@]
Old 06-13-2005, 02:56 AM
Dave03B

Chris, sorry to hear that mate... any chance of recovering it?

[X(][]

Dave
Old 06-13-2005, 03:30 AM
Lancair-RCU

Chris, thats not good news at all. [X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][&:][:@][:@][:@][:'(][][:-][&o]

BUGGER.

Meanwhile I might just throw my adrenalin in the river. I havent flown it yet but its about as crooked as a dogs hind leg. My Arresti III, also "made" by ESM (not designed by) was crooked and now this is worse.

I wont ever buy another ESM made model. Sure they're cheap, there's a reason.
EDIT: I say cheap because in Australia I paid $279AUD for mine. (about 116GBP)

Im sure the design is fantastic and built straight would be fantastic.

Now Im going through the motions to put mine together, I'll fly it because I cant afford anything else new, (I just bought a hotliner too) but Im not expecting precision. Hopefully it'll fly straight enough to compete in sportsman.

Im going to blame Adam, or should it be Travis, for making us all get one of these.

Old 06-13-2005, 04:03 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Guys,
Firstly Chris. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. When I designed and sent the brief off to the factory for the adrenaline strength was always paramount. We could have made this plane up to 1kg lighter if we need to but I knew this would not be a good idea in the long run. Initial test with the adrenalin showed how strong production models were under high load 3d flight.
We have had one case here in the Uk of a wing failure. This also happened under very low load part of the flight. The following week we took two of the later production batch models and tested them to destruction. One of the models preformed a full power wall (Dive vertical at the floor and pull full up) Not a move I would advise. That plane still flys today. Our only conclusion was that the model that suffered wing failure may have had a flawed wing spar. What I would ask people who are building adrenaline's to do is check their wing spars very carefully. Check the wood to see if there is any areas that look damaged or of a poor quality. Also check to see if the laminations are all good and there is no separation between the laminates. Again without being 100% sure this is all that i can suggest. It may also be advisable to make a quick/crude ground test of the wing joiners strength. I always apply pressure on a new set if wings that I have built (Both positive and negative) just to check how the cope with load. I know this is a very crude (and I am sure totally non aerodynamic) way of testing wing strength, but it makes me feel better. Especially if I here the wings creaking or cracking. Which if the wings failed in a 1/4 power turn I am sure they would show signs of distress on the ground.
Paully Hi. Just yesterday we flew the last version of the Storm and it was amazing. I am totally clueless when it comes to Biplanes, so I have been luckily enough to have a friend of mine (Dave Stephens) help me out on this project. His input has made a plane that is stunning. All the advantages of the extra wing without the draw backs or coupling.
Glad to hear the majority of you pilots down under are happy witht he Adrenaline. I know that it is not possible to keep 100% of the people happy 100% of the time, and obviously a 100% quality control rate is something we would love to achieve.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:40 AM
Vortec

Hi graybags,
The guy at our feild is running a 18x6 Mejzlik on his 2300.He thinks a 18x8 would be better and i would agree after watching his fly.

Chris,
Thats some bad luck there man.I know how you feel after loosing my Katana to the same type of watery grave.Ill give ya a go of mine at the next comp if we get to have a tool around at lunch.

Ill ad to the thread that mine was also twisted in the fuse and needed a fair bit of fileing to get the stab level with the wing but it all lines up now and i love flying it.Even tho i glued the stab 10mm to the right some how.

Also i did check the strength of the joint like Ali said and i had to do it with my eyes shut ,i've done fairly high speed snaps with it now and not a problem.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:25 AM
graybags

Hi Voetec,
I see in the latest local air mags that ESM are bringing out a couple of Katanas. One for under 30cc and one over. I am still not confident about another Adrenaline and am tempted to go with the smaller Katana as I have the ST G2300 and a ST 3000.
Have you or any one had anything to do with this new model as the CM ro Katana I had was great, and I really like the look of the Katana as a model.
PS. If anyone wants a new Adrenaline fuz I have one that is pretty straight and a box to post it in.

Regards
Graybags
Old 06-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Dave03B

So far i've read of YS' OS' TT's Saito's and ST's being installed in this model. What's the general opinion about installing a moki 135 or MVVS 160 glow? which would be better?

(seeking guidance) Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.