Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

carden cuda

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

carden cuda

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 11:22 PM
cary c.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carden cuda

anybody know anything about this plane?

Cary C.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:06 PM
ballistic1
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: carden cuda

I also have seen the add on the Carden site and I must admit I am also VERY CURIOUS what this will be.
Hopefully they will have one at the Toledo model expo to look at.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:17 AM
saddler
My Feedback: (93)

Just saw the prototype kit tonight and it looks VERY good! I don't know how much detail i can go into but look for a couple of them to be built and finished at the Toledo show. Also watch Carden's website for pics. It looks like a large pattern plane mixed with an extra 330. All i can say is it should be awesome!
Old 02-21-2004, 02:47 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got my prototype kit today. It's going to be a QUICK build and a great flying airplane. Looks wise.. I'd say it's a cross between an Edge and Extra fuselage with a LOW aspect ratio 3D type wing. I'll talk to Dennis on Monday and see if I can post a top and side view.

Mine is going to get a ZDZ-50NG or Hacker C50-14XL depending on how light I can build it.

80" span
80" length
1600" area

You're going to want to get in on this airplane I think..
Old 02-21-2004, 02:29 PM
cary c.

how much will it cost?

Cary C
Old 02-21-2004, 05:22 PM
Bill_Higgins
My Feedback: (1)

Got mine as well last Thursday, but wont be able to give it much attention till I get back from Florida. I will probably outfit mine with a DA-50 w/MTW Canister.

Bill
Old 02-22-2004, 12:25 AM
Bill Mixon

Dennis told me about this design last year at the Joe Nall. Good to finally see it making it's way to builders.

Bill
Old 02-22-2004, 07:53 AM
mAvRiCk-inactive

I heardabou it last year to and heard it was going to be awesome!!! Id like to have one in my hands!

Dan
Old 02-22-2004, 12:49 PM
cary c.

some guy recently told me that you have to buy the carden kits thru a professional builder. is this true? he said that you just cannot order a plane from them without having a good rep. is it really this hard to get a kit? i like there airplanes, there are a couple of guys at our field that fly them and they are without a doubt the best looking planes on the feild. i am almost done with my cub and i will probably finish my pitts soon and this thing might be the next plane i build after after my other airplanes are done.

Cary C
Old 02-22-2004, 03:22 PM
saddler

Not true at all, in fact it is just about the opposite. The only place you can buy a "kit" is directly from Carden or from a private individual that has bought a kit from Carden. Yes, some professional builders may have kits on hand but will most likely not sell the kit without building it first. At DSP, we have kits on hand but they are not for sale, only after they are built. The only problem with getting a kit from Carden is they don't tend to have them in stock, they sell them faster than they can make them so there is usually a waiting list. Remember, these kits are hand made by Dennis at Carden and there is only so much a guy can do. He still produces an amazing amount of kits for being such a small manufacturer. Worth the wait, i would recommend getting on the list for any of their airplanes that you might be interested in.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:33 PM
cary c.

cool, i thought that guy was wrong. you guys at DSP already building any cuda's? sounds like its going to be awsome. now if we could just see what it looks like

Cary C
Old 02-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Doug Cronkhite

I'm really excited about the Cuda.. It's got all the makings of a great 50cc 3D airplane. The nice thing too I think is once you've built this, you understand how all of the other Carden kits go together.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Pugsley-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Alright already.....everyone is interested now! Show a dang picture......I just love hearing about the next best plane....it sounds like what we are all looking for....plus it is made by Carden to boot.....SO SHOW A PICTURE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pugs
Old 02-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Bill Mixon

Yea we need to see some pictures.
I hope the fuselage has a lot of side area.

The nice thing too I think is once you've built this, you understand how all of the other Carden kits go together.
Doug,
I'll take that to mean that all the flying surface cores, and top and bottom of the fuse are foam.
Are you going to honeycomb all the foam parts to drop some weight.

Bill
Old 02-23-2004, 01:02 AM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

What do they look like?
Old 02-23-2004, 03:27 PM
Doug Cronkhite

ORIGINAL: Bill Mixon

Yea we need to see some pictures.
I hope the fuselage has a lot of side area.

The nice thing too I think is once you've built this, you understand how all of the other Carden kits go together.
Doug,
I'll take that to mean that all the flying surface cores, and top and bottom of the fuse are foam.
Are you going to honeycomb all the foam parts to drop some weight.

Bill
Side area - yeah.. you won't be disappointed here.. Should be great. Pictures will be just as soon as I get the OK from Dennis.

I don't know about honeycombing or not.. Still need to talk to Dennis about it and it really depends on if I'm going to build it as an electric or not
Old 02-23-2004, 04:14 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Hey Doug,

Has Dennis given any thoughts on kit cost......It would be real dissapointing to find it will cost $400 to buy this kit when there are some really awsome ARFS out there for only pennies more!!! Don't get me wrong, I have built a lot of CARDENs and I think they are great aircraft, but in todays market I think even $350 would be too much
Old 02-23-2004, 04:21 PM
saddler

Probably not likely from what i have heard. I don't think there is a set price for the kit yet but from what i heard, it will probably be in the $500 range. Like i said, nothing for sure as of yet but i am pretty sure it will probably be at least that if not slightly more. Carden is in a totally different market from the ARF market at this point. You can buy 33% ARF's now for less than you can buy a Carden kit however Carden can't seem to make the kits fast enough. I would be willing to be the Cuda will be the same. Stay tuned...
Old 02-23-2004, 06:51 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Hummm just want to keep an eye on this thread
Old 02-23-2004, 08:12 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

it will probably be in the $500 range.
That is really about what I figured...I know you said it is not carved in stone yet, but I would be willing to bet you're right....... I know that Dennis and Caroline produce some excellent kits and I build plenty of them, but I really fear that if the ARFs keep going the way that they are, CARDEN is going to start having trouble selling at their current prices sometime in the near future.
Old 02-23-2004, 11:45 PM
cary c.

first one i see i am going to ask the guy who owns it "that thing got a hemi" ? it would be cool to have hemi graffics on the plane.

Cary C.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Doug Cronkhite

Sorry guys,

Dennis asked me not to post the drawings yet for a couple reasons, the main one being he's not sure if this is the final design yet. Soon as he gives the OK though.. I'll post them. Trust me.. it's a good looking airplane.

Mine may be a very QUIET Cuda.. and I don't mean can mufflers
Old 02-24-2004, 01:19 AM
cary c.

darn, i wanted to see what it looked like. chips got a new plane out that will probably be alot like this one. there are pics of it in his forum.

cary c
Old 02-24-2004, 08:10 AM
sloanfs

ORIGINAL: cary c.

first one i see i am going to ask the guy who owns it "that thing got a hemi" ? it would be cool to have hemi graffics on the plane.

Cary C.

You mean like this?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37201.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	104506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64101.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	104507  
Old 02-24-2004, 11:12 AM
cary c.

haha! sweeeeeeeeeet

Cary C.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.