Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

CGP Matrix Extreme 3d

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

CGP Matrix Extreme 3d

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 05:23 PM
cgay1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CGP Matrix Extreme 3d

Matrix Extreme 3d -- Sounds like a computer video card!!!

-Chris
Old 06-21-2002, 05:49 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Or a deoderant, "Strong enough for a newbie, but made for a pilot" or somethin like that lol. Man, I really need to sneak in a nap today at work, im gettin silly.

But as Ann Marie Cross said about the U Can Do 3D, you can always choose not to put the stickers on

The name isnt going to stop me from wanting one, unless they call it the venus or something too feminine , and make the bottom of the wing pink.

Knife, tell me the wing isnt pink please
Old 06-21-2002, 06:26 PM
h82crash

I think they picked the best one to develop from don't you?
I agree, It not only flies great but is one of the most attractive pattern designs I've seen! Arf's are cool, but I don't seem to have the same pride in my model when it's an arf, and I tend to get wreckless with them.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:38 PM
artistic-aero

Think you might get reckless with a ARF Skyline form Russia? At around £5000 for just the airframe... me thinks not...

I think the 2m matrix is going to be very very exciting. The Artistic Aerobatics rules allows for a 5kg limit... I'm hoping it comes in under that... to get the most from the 140's you will need 4.25-4.4kg... which means there will be composites... or is it all wood??? tell tell!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:52 PM
h82crash

Money isn't important to people who have it. $12000 on a model airplane? If I had that kind of disposable income I'd own the model company. And yes, I'd wring it out like all the arf's I've owned.
Old 06-21-2002, 10:10 PM
daren
My Feedback: (4)

3D mike who make the seduction wildstyle arf?
Old 06-22-2002, 05:31 AM
3DMike

Hi, Like the rest of the seduction series the wildside is made by ok models/pilot . This is probably the best pictures I have seen of it.

http://www.pichler.de/okmodel/galeri...wildstyle.html

Its a German site but its got some good info.

Artistic-aero. I used that shot to show another ARF being produced that looked VERY similar, I agree that competition is great between manufacturers but having planes that are similar to ones already on the market is not the way to dominate... just my opinion.

Another cool video of OK doing the lazer cutting of a freestyle, pretty amazing..
http://www.pichler.de/okmodel/videos/lazercut.wmv
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	15154_1940.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	9558  
Old 06-22-2002, 06:57 PM
artistic-aero

3DMike.. not with you... you may mean somebody else?
Old 06-22-2002, 07:00 PM
artistic-aero

It does seem to have offended people ever so slightly this ARTF copy of the Seduction... it's a much loved plane.
Old 06-23-2002, 05:29 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats the weight?

Hey Knife thats a really cool looking plane. I have the Seduction now and its really super lite. Will lanier CG be able to get there ARF as light? If its an ARF that works I would get one. Thanks for sharing the info on the plane. Mike
Old 06-23-2002, 05:50 PM
KNIFE BROTHER

mups53, I saw the prototype on a high dollar set of digital scales at the Lanier/CGP factory. RTF weight (dry) was 4.8 lbs. This is with a YS63 and Futaba 148 servos. The use of mini servos would get the weight down even more. Performance at this weight was exceptional. I really like the bellcrank set-up on elevator, eliminating the wire elevator joiner.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:58 AM
f2racer

When will this plane be available? How much will it cost? I love the seduction, but I'm afraid that my building and covering skills just aren't there, plus time is a major consideration...

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2002, 12:25 PM
stevezero

Hey Knife, do ya have any new info/updates on this plane for us to salivate over? I'm trying to plan my strategy for acquiring one thru the chief financial manager of the household hehe
Old 07-03-2002, 12:26 PM
wgeffon

Steve,

Just tell her that you really dont want it, You need it.
Old 07-03-2002, 01:04 PM
stevezero

Wayne,
I am not allowed to use that "reason" until 2004. I used that when I said I needed to get my truck/topper, needed to get the riding lawnmower, needed to get the four stroke motor, needed to get the new field box, needed to get the computer radio a couple years ago, and needed to have three planes currently hanging up in the garage. Throw in all the "needed to run to the hobby shop for something" (25 miles each way), and you can see where that reason doesnt hold water anymore. Besides, she says that the only thing I should ever need is her , and when I say that I wholeheartedly agree with her, and how I have to force myself to go to the field so I can experience the pain of not having her near me to fully appreciate the sheer joy of living my life with her, I get this neat little eye roll, and are subsiquently asked, "What do you want to buy now?" LOLOLOLOL Actually, shes really good about the hobby, because I dont take it to the extremes, and it keeps me somewhere productive. somewhere I can actually bring our daughter to for some bonding time.
Steve
Old 07-03-2002, 01:39 PM
mups53

Default Treat them like mushrooms

Keep them in the dark and fed them BS. I find that what my wife doesn't know won't hurt her. Keep a nice secret stash of cold hard cash and never state the full value of anything you buy that they might notice. Its just another one of the little things I find helpful in the pursuit of RC happiness. I spend half the winter building a really nice modified Balsanova and I had the thing overpowered and underbuild. On the 10th flight about 2 months ago the stab fell off exiting a split S,bad crash man really bad . She still hasn't noticed the planes disappearence. I think my plan works. I love her to death but She has a different agenda and I really love flying and spending money. Were both winners under my system! Happy flying and how do I get one of these new planes soon? Mike
Old 07-03-2002, 02:22 PM
stevezero

Haha Mike, I was able to do that for a little while. But shes smart enough to know when theres something new in the garage. Specially when its sitting on the rollaround table that's parked in the garage where her car is supposed to be I've done very well in making smart purchases and flying them like they are my only engine/plane/etc. In most cases, its because they were. This is only the second time I've had two planes ready to fly (the third is a small hangar queen now after tearin the gear and a couple of formers out of it). I got into the habit of finding something I like, and then flying the heck out of it, and making mods to it to suit me. I even sold my trainer that I flew for 18 months without a major smack that I learned to fly on. That offset the cost towards the next plane. I also got alot of equipment used, and played with it alot. As long as you know who the builder is and their compitency, you can get a notch better equipment used than you can buying a new item. But I am also very selective about those items. I try hard not to make those snap impulse buying decisions (the spazzler, err dazzler kit thats still in the box, well, most of it is (now the parts box). Which brings me back to this matrix. This is something that I may have to break down and snap one up, regardless of spousal interference I may even have to snap up a new 4 stroke 70-80 for it as well.

Steve
Old 07-03-2002, 02:27 PM
wgeffon

Ok tell her that all the proceeds from this kit will be used to feed hungry children all over the world. Now how can she argue with that? Maybe she'll want you to buy two then.......
Old 07-03-2002, 02:31 PM
stevezero

Default All for less than a cup of coffee a day

ROFLMAO Wayne. Should I plump myself up, put on alot of makeup and a blonde wig, and talk like Sally Struthers when tellin her that? Only $.72 a day, you too can help those in need of a Matrix. When you sign up, you will get a handwritten (by computer) letter from your budding 3d pilot, and pictures showing you their progress.

Sally, err I mean Steve
Old 07-03-2002, 02:50 PM
mups53

Default Forget the Sally act

Man you guys are crackin me up! Women who have RC flyers for husbands should be happy. Were not out spending our extra time at the local gin mills getting into serious trouble. Were just overgrown kids whos toys cost a little more.
Seriously Steve your approach with the used equipment is the same one I take and I have really fine top notch stuff that I wouldn't have been able to afford new. I have bought planes from great guys locally and on RCOnline and RCUniverse and I've never been burnt. Selling and upgrading is the cheapest route to success and takes less out of the cash stash. When the occasional plane comes up that I really want I have enough resourses stored up to get it. If I don;t like it I sell it and try again. No fuss no muss. The secret to this system is not to crash and I have been very successful with that in the past. Happy 4th of July and don't ever comprimise your family for the hobby. Mike
Old 07-03-2002, 03:08 PM
stevezero

You got it Mike. Have a good 4th as well.
Old 08-02-2002, 07:54 PM
stevezero

Hey Knife, any new news on the Matrix? Any more test flights/pics/info/ due date yet?

Steve
Old 08-03-2002, 03:22 AM
EdMan-RCU

Any new info would be good. Looks to be an interesting bird.................now for the long wait
Old 08-04-2002, 04:26 AM
Norman Oliver

What would u say about a seduction wearing a beautiful Saito .90 instead of a 2 stroke 60...?
Remember I live cloud-high .... as long as I don't push all the way up the throttle when straight and level ....
Old 08-04-2002, 09:38 AM
mups53

Default Too heavy

A Saito 90 is too heavy. I have a YS 63 in my Seduction and I've still added tail weight. Plus the 63 is overpowering the plane. I'm a huge advocate of keeping planes as light as possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.