Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Andrew Jesky Joins TEAM RCU- 'Rising Stars'

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Larry Eddy
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andrew Jesky Joins TEAM RCU- 'Rising Stars'

Team RCU adds more youth and talent to the roster!

LONE TREE, CO -- RCUniverse.com announced today that Andrew Jesky joined TEAM RCU- 'Rising Stars' as its seventh premier corporate-sponsored pilot. "Adding a great talent like Andrew Jesky is just what the hobby needs. His youth, piloting skills, passion for the hobby and belief of giving back to the hobby and community is what Team RCU is all about," said Marc Vigod, President of RCUniverse.com.
TEAM RCU was established in October 2003 to connect hobbyists with RC pilots at competitions, local events, and industry trade shows. TEAM RCU plans to grow by adding RC helicopter, jet, and car and truck drivers to its sponsor roster as well.

Jesky currently is 17 years old and has been competing in precision aerobatics for the past 6 years and flying radio controlled aircraft for the past 9 years. Jesky competes in the FAI class of precision aerobatics and has flown in the U.S. Nationals where he made the finals, and placed 7th. Jesky was also the 2002 AMA Nationals Masters Class Champion, the 2002 Canadian Nationals Expert Class Champion and the 2002 AMA National Advanced Class Champion.

In addition to competition flying, Jesky gives back to the hobby by serving as an instructor at his local club. The Matt Chapman Youth Masters Event recently honored Jesky by asking him to coach the pilots this past year in Woodruff, South Carolina. Jesky's works at Riders Hobby Shop and following high school graduation he plans to pursue a degree in Aeronautical engineering.

To learn more about Andrew Jesky and his projects, please visit his Team RCU by clicking the "Community" button on RCUniverse.com or chat with him in the TEAM RCU- Andrew Jesky forum.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/teamrcu-andrew.cfm]Click here to visit Andrew's Team RCU page! [/link]
Old 06-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Shahid

Default RE: Andrew Jesky Joins TEAM RCU- 'Rising Stars'

Hello
Old 06-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Welsh3D

congratulations Andrew.

www.3drc.info
Old 06-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Congratulations Andrew, I hope you do well this coming flying season.

Steven
Old 06-11-2004, 02:44 PM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

Hi Andrew,

I am the guy who talks to you @ Riders Taylor. Good to see you join the team.

Sean Chen
Old 06-12-2004, 07:17 PM
Kyle2Baseball

Great Job Andrew. I am the kid from Florida that you helped out at the youth master. Thanks.

Kyle
Old 06-14-2004, 10:10 AM
flyboy91
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I am looking forward to being a part of this web site and if ever you need help with anything please feel free to ask. I am will to help with anything that I know about.

Andrew Jesky
Old 06-14-2004, 10:21 AM
flynbrian

I am planning on going to the youth masters this year. This is my first year to go.
What is it like... Do we just fly the known or is there an unknown.
I will be flying in the advanced category.

Thanks

Good job andrew! keep it up
Old 06-14-2004, 11:49 AM
flyboy91

Brian,

If the youth masters is anything like last year we will be flying knowns. I haven't heard any updates on the contest. I will try and get a hold of the contest director to find out what is going on. It will be a very fun contest. I think the man thing to look forward to during the contest will be having a great time. The Confederate Airfarce sure knows how to make a contest into a fun filled time. I am about to go out to the flying field and practice. When I get back I will try and get a hold of someone and then let you know.

Andrew Jesky
Old 06-15-2004, 10:58 PM
seanychen

ORIGINAL: flyboy91

Brian,

If the youth masters is anything like last year we will be flying knowns. I haven't heard any updates on the contest. I will try and get a hold of the contest director to find out what is going on. It will be a very fun contest. I think the man thing to look forward to during the contest will be having a great time. The Confederate Airfarce sure knows how to make a contest into a fun filled time. I am about to go out to the flying field and practice. When I get back I will try and get a hold of someone and then let you know.

Andrew Jesky
Okay, I have a simple request. Can you help me fly as well as you do? I need some tips on smooth rolling harrier circles. I can do them, but not smoothly like you top guys. Tips?
Old 06-15-2004, 11:00 PM
seanychen

By the way, Andrew, you want to study Aero Engineering? I got my degree in MSME, with some focus in Aero. Maybe we can talk Physics 101 next time in Riders.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:04 PM
deweyd
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulation andrew( AKA ) The animal... keep it up Animal.. deweyd
Old 06-16-2004, 08:15 AM
flyboy91

Sean,

The best way that i learned on doing rolling harriers was just to start to roll on a straight line with many continious rolls as it will help you get you used to seeing the airplane in different angles and what rudder to give it at that certain angle. When you have done that now just fly a harrier then with the nose up start to roll. I found that the most effective way for me to get the rolling harriers to work is to look at it this way. The rudder and throttle are now for keeping altitude and elevator is for keeping it on a straight line or circle. I know many people use just top rudder when learning how to start but that will cause the airplane to look like it is doing a snap roll everytime you add the rudder because you have to use twice as much instead of using half as much when using both directions. I will try to get a video of Jason Noll doing rolling harrier because he is the man when doing these.

I would like to talk about engineering and what I have to expect. The next time you come in we can talk.

Thanks dewey. Your the man.

Andrew
Old 06-16-2004, 05:44 PM
cap/edge

if i where you guys i would listen to andrew. Last year he helped me win the basic division at the youth masters. His friend fron michigan won the advanced division.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:45 PM
flyboy91

Will,

Thanks for the words. It was really my honor to fly with you guys. I dont get to fly with many people our age so it was nice to go out and have some fun.

Andrew
Old 06-17-2004, 03:53 AM
tobytorkn

andrew, i believe i still owe you a steak dinner. hope to see you at my imac in august. if you don't make it, dewey will drag your sorry butt there.lol. later, toby....
Old 06-17-2004, 09:03 AM
flyboy91

Toby,

I forgot about the dinner. I will be there at the IMAC contest if I hve nothing going on that weekend. It will be good practice for the masters so I am planning on making it there.

Andrew
Old 07-03-2004, 12:35 AM
rjarois

hey andrew, its a old freind from the signal seekers field, good job bud, and thx for helpin me learn my trainer plane, i seen your movies, and they are awesome, good job, be lookin for ya at the flyin field, seen your dad at the pattern contest, peace, randy........
Old 07-17-2004, 10:41 PM
flyboy91

Randy,

Sorry for the late reply I have been going crazy witht he nationals. Its good that you are having fun with flying. I have not been able to make it out to the Signal Seekers club as we have moved to Monroe so I have 2 flying fields with in 10 and 5 minutes of each other so it is really nice to not have to go as far to fly. See you at the field some time.

Andrew
Old 07-18-2004, 07:09 AM
rjarois

it's allrite, andy, whats a national, some big contest?? if it is im sure ya did well, lols. the boys at the field told me im ready for a second plane, after the been lettin me fly all thers good. barney's cap, bob's stick, and chuck's easy sport. i put togather a great planes u-can-do 3-D, with a 100 saito 4-stroke on it, im hoping it is suitable, for me, lols. hope i will be able to handle it ok, as it's a tail dragger, well bud, take care, and stay outta trob's, randy.