Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

3D Fly Model edge 540

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

3D Fly Model edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Julian Maza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3D Fly Model edge 540

Did anyone see that new edge 540 by 3D Fly Models. Its the third item down if you look at the new items list on the home page of RCU.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:22 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Does it seem heavy? How are the control surfaces for 3d? I want to get one for 3D but too many of these cheaper kits such as seagull are too heavy for 3d out of hte box.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Jerry woodrough

I have the extra 300 30cc from them and i am super happy it is nice and light but built strong the surfaces are really good on this plane with alot of throws the kit comes with a tail wheel linkages pull pull for ruder and all servo arms that extends the regular arms i will be getting a 50cc from them for sure i am really really happy with the plane !!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Julian Maza
Did anyone see that new edge 540 by 3D Fly Models. Its the third item down if you look at the new items list on the home page of RCU.

Im going on my second 50cc edge from fly model. Lost the first one due to stab retention screws coming out. I only got 3 flights on it with a EME 55. The plane is an absolute 3d machine. It's flys as good as any other 50cc 3d airframe out there. It actually outperforms my pilot sbach of the same size. It's well built, the covering is flawless and the paint work is perfect. It's one of the best kept secrets in RC. $355 shipped to my door, you just can't beat it. Toss ALL the screws though. The wheels, tank, axles, pushrods and ball links are fine along with the control horns. The screws are typical garbage that comes with these type of planes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	936.6 KB
ID:	1994270   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	1994271  
Old 05-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Prankster113

Originally Posted by Mpizpilot
Im going on my second 50cc edge from fly model. Lost the first one due to stab retention screws coming out. I only got 3 flights on it with a EME 55. The plane is an absolute 3d machine. It's flys as good as any other 50cc 3d airframe out there. It actually outperforms my pilot sbach of the same size. It's well built, the covering is flawless and the paint work is perfect. It's one of the best kept secrets in RC. $355 shipped to my door, you just can't beat it. Toss ALL the screws though. The wheels, tank, axles, pushrods and ball links are fine along with the control horns. The screws are typical garbage that comes with these type of planes.
That looks great! (Besides the second picture )
May I ask for a link to where you bought it, and what was required to complete the plane?
I'm fairly new to 3D flying and this has really grabbed my attention, especially the price you mentioned.