Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Those pattern guys

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Those pattern guys

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 04:51 PM
EL TEMUCANO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Those pattern guys

HEY GUYS,

I READ ALL THE CONVERSATION AND SOMEBODY SAID I LIKE, OTHER SAID NO I DON´T LIKE AND 1 PAGE , 2 PAGE..........

IT´S VERY NICE, BUT (I THINK FOR ME) WHY DON´T MAKE A FORUM TO TEACH ALL THE 3D ACROBATICS AND SAID " I DO THE WALL WITH AILERONS, BUT 40%" AND OTHER GUY SAID OTHER FORM.

I WANT TO SAID " PLEASE, A LOT OF GUYS KNOW HOW TO DO ACROBATIC, AND MORE GUYS WANT TO LEARN "

I WANT TO LEARN BUT IN A FORUM, IT´S VERY INTERESTING TO SEE OR READ ALL THE COMMENTARIES.

SERGIO
Old 07-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Shahid

I DO THE WALL WITH AILERONS, BUT 40%
You mean a snap roll?
Old 07-01-2004, 04:57 PM
mikey-3d

i flew for the gbrcaa at wings and wheels on sunday,i flew the f3a schedule then went and did some freestyle 3d aerobatics,alot off people said it was good to see both diciplines put toghether,made for a good routine in the slot.i love both as i compete in f3a and also freestyle
Old 07-01-2004, 05:04 PM
EL TEMUCANO

SORRY,

THE WALL WITH SPOILERON 40%

SERGIO
Old 07-08-2004, 12:14 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

blah, blah, blah, eh??????? Pattern is for those of us who want to fly precise!!!!! Pattern with a Imac plane is Imac, not pattern!!!!! Precision is very, very hard and may be boring to you and that's fine. Maybe you don't have an eye for precision. I see all kinds of people out at my field who can 3D. Yeah right. 3D is a term that I feel is used loosely. 3D and 3d done correctly are 2 different things. Don't get me wrong, I fly "3D also. But at times gets boring because I just bang sticks back and forth. Even torque rolls on the deck get boring. And as for whoever you saw flying 150 feet up, that's them. I fly my pattern about 50 feet off the deck and I can fly it precisely. Which is a challenge. If I wanted to I could fly it low enough to do a tailtouch, but that gets graded down. It's obvious that you know very little about the subject that you brought up. I don't bash anyone for flying what I feel is boring. You fly what you want to fly. That may be fun to you and not me. As long as it's what you want to do, I'm happy for ya!!!!!!!!!!! My opinion on a subject that is a narrow minded one. Take care all and happy pattern, 3d, imac, or sport flying 2 ya!!!!!! Chris
Old 07-08-2004, 12:53 PM
slagburn

I wasn't bashing anyone, just saying it's not my cup of tea. Since this is the 3D forum, I thought maybe others might be in agreement and found out otherwise.

Whatever.. after much thought, I still think pattern is lame. Lots of things are challenging and lame, such as keeping your dog precisely down the middle of the sidewalk without stepping on cracks. And equally boring to watch.

If I get bored with 3D it will be helicopter time, not pattern time.
To each his own.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:04 PM
ptarp

ORIGINAL: slagburn
Whatever.. after much thought, I still think pattern is lame. Lots of things are challenging and lame, such as keeping your dog precisely down the middle of the sidewalk without stepping on cracks. And equally boring to watch.
LOL, precision dog walking!
Old 07-08-2004, 01:39 PM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

I flew the pattern wars in the S.E. for about 16 years every year. IMo there is no more thrill than standing between the judges and nailing a maneuver dead center perfect. I went from star novice to expert turnorund and always had the shakes the first flight of a contest. I still fly the pattern stuff because it looks like a real airplane and doing a smooth 4 point at about eye level give me a chub. I never really tried 3D and now fly helicopters as well as 1/4 Caps and Extras. This is one of the best threads I have seen lately.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:45 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

This thread should get moved to the HATERS forum!!! lol
Old 07-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

I personally don't see how one could love one and hate the other?[sm=confused.gif] Just from my own observation I've noticed that the best 3D pilots in the world all fly pattern / have pattern background. Also, look at the very forum we are talking in. It is a sub forum of 3D, IMAC, and PATTERN. The best pilot in our club travels around the country competing in Pattern. At our Open house last year he was flying a 60 size sport plane 5 feet off the ground inverted doing slow circles. Sure, there's lots of guys that don't fly pattern that can do that, but for him inverted is as natural as right side up. That goes for all the unusual attitudes we put our aircraft in.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Shahid

3D, IMAC and Pattern= AEROBATICS!!!

aerobatics=FLYING!

Shahid

[:-]
Old 07-08-2004, 07:21 PM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

I thought maybe others might be in agreement and found out otherwise.
Perhaps there's some reason for it? See below.

Well, nobody ever accused pattern of being full of thrills and chills for spectators. The fun is in the doing. But apparently this went over your head like the last guy flying 3D at my field went over mine

If I get bored with 3D it will be helicopter time, not pattern time.
To each his own.
Absolutely. That's why they make jets, fans, pylon racers, gliders, free flight, control line combat, control line stunt, electric gliders, electric 3d, pattern, scale, indoor rubber band powered things, rockets, boats, helicopters, motorcycles, cars, 4wd trucks........you get the idea. The difference is nobody else had the disrespect to go out of thier way and post that one of these was "lame" (BTW are you 12 or something?) and expect a bunch of others to be just as disrespectful. I'm glad you didn't get your wish, at least that makes me hopeful in some aspect.

Have fun, and enjoy your 3d...err helicopters....or collecting stamps, or whatever.

-Mike
Old 07-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Archie

(BTW are you 12 or something?)
nail on the head i reckon.....

consider this thread closed !
Old 07-09-2004, 06:35 PM
slagburn

Nah- I was going to leave it alone, but I can't NOT reply to someone that pops in to say consider it closed, when they are not a moderator!

I'm not going to return the insults that MHester started, then edited.

I was simply stating my view that for all the hoopla around pattern flying, I don't get it. Calling me 12 does not in fact help me get it either. I'm profoundly sorry if you're living the pattern life and I have offended your sensibilities.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:22 PM
3dandpatternflyer

well,

i like 3d and pattern both. I know i might not be that good in pattern, but it is still very fun. I hope to enter my first IMAC contest someday.

While i was at SEFF, i was talking to Jason Shulman and i asked him, "How did u get to where u r today?" He told me, "Practice, practice, practice." We were both behind Quique Somenzini and he said, "Look at Quique fly, look at the precision, now look at the other guy over there." (Who was doing some messed up loops) He told me, "Pattern teaches u discipline."

Ill remember that conversation forever.

TTYL,
Andrew T.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:04 PM
MHester

Nah- I was going to leave it alone, but I can't NOT reply to someone that pops in to say consider it closed, when they are not a moderator!

I'm not going to return the insults that MHester started, then edited.

I was simply stating my view that for all the hoopla around pattern flying, I don't get it. Calling me 12 does not in fact help me get it either. I'm profoundly sorry if you're living the pattern life and I have offended your sensibilities.
Insulted then edited? Nope nice try but it's word for word, the edit was because I misspelled "quote" and it got all messed up, I did't remove nada. If I wanted to call you a jack ass, then I would have. And who started what? BTW how old are you? Answer the question

-Mike
Old 07-09-2004, 10:07 PM
MHester

ORIGINAL: 3dandpatternflyer

well,

i like 3d and pattern both. I know i might not be that good in pattern, but it is still very fun. I hope to enter my first IMAC contest someday.

While i was at SEFF, i was talking to Jason Shulman and i asked him, "How did u get to where u r today?" He told me, "Practice, practice, practice." We were both behind Quique Somenzini and he said, "Look at Quique fly, look at the precision, now look at the other guy over there." (Who was doing some messed up loops) He told me, "Pattern teaches u discipline."

Ill remember that conversation forever.

TTYL,
Andrew T.
Andrew, I look forward to meeting you on the comp trail down here in the SE. Harder than it looks, isn't it? Heh. Yes I plan to do some Imac next year myself, I'm branching out a bit...even gots me a Funtana pro for some 3d (man is this thing cool!)

-Mike
Old 07-10-2004, 12:12 AM
slagburn

ORIGINAL: MHester

BTW how old are you? Answer the question
Umm, old enough to know better. Or, 12x2 and then some.