Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Ultra Stick ...3D??

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Ultra Stick ...3D??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 05:23 AM
Jay7318713-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Stick ...3D??

Would the Ultra Stick .60 do 3D manuvers and most important will it Hover Hanger9 UltraStick with .90FX???
Old 08-10-2002, 01:10 PM
0tter
My Feedback: (39)

I had a H9 Ultra Stick w/Tower .75. It would hover, but still lacked sufficient power to pull out with authority. I also increased the elevator surface area.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:37 AM
muffman0526

I own an Ultra Stick 60 with a Magnum 91 4 stroke and it will hover at approx. 1/2 throttle. Use a low pitch large diameter prop. This plane hovers and will torque roll very easily, But will
not do all 3D mauevers such as waterfalls and hangar keyholes.
Good Luck
Old 09-05-2002, 01:52 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This plane has the control surface area and, therefore the ability, to do everything and then some. You do have to properly set it up and some of the maneuvers are trickier than others. The only manueuver that I have tried that has not been too successful has been the knife edge -- I'm still working on it. I'm not yet into 3D except for hover attempts so I cannot provide a definitive review on that capability. As I stated above, this plane has the control surface sizing you need for 3D and therefore should be capable of it.

I'm running with a Saito FA-100 and it will hover at about 1/2 throttle and pull out with authority. I fully expect the OS FX .91 will give you an equal or better capability. Use the right prop.

I've been flying mine for about 3 months with a MS Scimitar 14x8. Tonight will be my first flight with an APC 15x6 after I switch out the 2.75" tires for 3.5".
Old 09-05-2002, 04:52 PM
radfly

Default 3D In a Word

No.

Had the 60 size powered with Magnum .91 4 stroke and APC 13 x 6 prop. Unlimited vertical, but 3D is not there. Knife edge can be performed, but you will need two mixes: Elevator to rudder and aileron to rudder.

I gave up on it before trying the mixes. It makes a good trainer, no bad tendancies like snapping.

I moved on to the Laser 3D 40. I am still learning 3D, and this is THE plane to learn it on, I am told.
Old 09-05-2002, 05:02 PM
TerrellFlyer

If you want a plane thats fun to fly,then the US will fill the ticket. If you want a 3 D'er, then keep on looking.
Have a goodun,John
Old 09-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Chris 540
My Feedback: (3)

Originally posted by muffman0526
I own an Ultra Stick 60 with a Magnum 91 4 stroke and it will hover at approx. 1/2 throttle. Use a low pitch large diameter prop. This plane hovers and will torque roll very easily, But will
not do all 3D mauevers such as waterfalls and hangar keyholes.
Good Luck
Wow...what prop are you using???? I couldn't get mine to hover at full throttle.....
Old 09-08-2002, 12:44 AM
bentgear

The US60 is a great lets fly the whole tank rolling and looping and not get over 15 ft off the ground or lets touch the clouds and drop back to idle and see if it stays up for 20 minutes before getting back down or lets fly backwards into a 5 mph headwind or lets see what crazy things we can do with crow or whatever else makes your prop spin on any given flight. What it is not is a 3D plane or a pattern type plane.

That said, if you can't find something to make every flight entertaining with a ultra stick, well you just didn't try very hard.

60 size with a OS 91 FX / 14x6 climbs at 1/4 throttle

Ed M.