Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle Who's Got One?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle Who's Got One?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fliton Extra 330 Freestyle Who's Got One?

Jimeni ... we want some vids ...
Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 PM
trpastor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys

I'm taking off for the first time tomorrow if all goes well. Supposed to be 53, partly cloudy with about 5 mph winds in the late afternoon!

Unfortuneately I don't have a video camera handy or I'd take some

Maybe some photos if I can get my wife to come
Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Jimeni

Unfortunately, the only video camera I have is my digital camera. I'll see if my son will record, but cant promise on quality. A friend told me today he was going to make me a deal on a QQ 50cc yak that I couldnt refuse. Said I had to come over saturday to see his new 150 cc TOC Yak, and his new 75 cc Aeroworks Extra 260. Wish I had that kind of money. Anyways the QQ yak has a DA 50 and all JR servos. I have flown it a couple of times, its SWEET.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 AM
tIANci

Jimeni ... seen a guy here with the 50cc and 100cc QQ Yak, both fly really well. If I were to go to a nice 100cc EP, it will be the QQ Yak.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Jimeni

Well, not going to get video of the maiden flight tomorrow, my son can't go. Going to try to fly sunday also, he should be able to go then. Hopefully we can get video.

I am definately curious as to what kind of deal he is going to offer me on the QQ yak. I know I would love to have it.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 PM
trpastor

I am heading out in 15 MIN! Wish me luck!!!

I'll let you know what I think
Tim
Old 02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
trpastor

HOOOOO LLLLYYY *&%^! It flies nice!!!

I can't belive how responsive it is, but from the trainer type planes I've flowin before this, I guess you can expect I'd be happy with it. Straight as an arrow, beautiful handling, it finally deadsticked and my buddy Tony, that helped me build it, luckily was willing to head out with me this first time. I threw it to him and he landed it perfectly in the grass without ripping out the pants or anything. We suspect the glow plug was beat down (used saito 100, but you can't beat for $150 for an almost new 100!)

I have to do a few fixes (screws on the hatch/canopy didn't hold well, rubber on the servo clevises) but otherwise, CAN"T WAIT TO FLY IT AGAIN!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Jimeni

Very nice.

14 hrs and counting, for my 1st flight.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:14 PM
tIANci

Tr - big smile?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:18 PM
trpastor

Yes! Couldn't hardly keep from smiling, and I was trying not to
Old 02-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Jimeni

Ok, flight report. I have to agree with trpastor. WOW!! Flights were short , was way windier than they said it was going to be, 15 mph with 20 mph gusts. Did not bother the extra at all. But I started getting cold. 1 click of nose down trim was all that was needed, for hands off upright, and inverted flight. This is the easiest plane to hover that I have ever had, and I've had alot of 3D models. Got it locked into a hover, and the wind carried it right down the runway, with a very slow torque roll going, it brought a tear to my eye. The only plane I've had, that in a hover, I was able to let go of the sticks! Cant wait to see its torque roll with less, or no wind. It was doing waterfalls almost in place, very little altitude loss. Went right into an upright flatspin 1st try, very little effort, wasnt 100% flat, but too close to say it wasnt. Blender into an inverted flatspin was wild, very nice. Knife edge had zero coupling, and I mean none. Knife edge spins were pretty nice too. There was zero wing rock in an upright harrier, but I was going into the wind with very high alpha, so I turned it with the wind, had very little wing rock, did not even need to correct for it. Inverted harrier was rock solid no matter what I did. Elevator was text book. Wall had a little snap, but nothing to complain about. Rolling harriers and slow rolls were about as easy as it gets. I had 40 degrees on ailerons on high rates, got the rolling harries going fast without backing off the stick. Dropped ailerons down to 35 degrees, was much better. 50 degrees on the elevators and rudder, is right where I'm going to keep them, awesome 3D. I am a happy happy camper. This thing flies much much bigger than it is, I was shocked. I got comfortable so fast, flying low on the deck happened the 1st day out. 2nd flight actually I could not see using anything less than a Saito 100, performance was just awesome.

As far as the Fliton Extra 330s VS the Aeroworks Edge 540. The edge is an awesome plane, flies great. But I have to give the trophy to the Fliton, hands down. Maybe I just got lucky on trimming and balancing, maybe the wind played a factor, but I could not find anything bad about this planes flight characteristics. It definately over shadowed the pain in the arse build. Well worth it. I didnt even get my gas Yak out of the truck, was having a ball!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:33 PM
trpastor

hahah! Glad to hear it Jemini,

I read the whole post. You are a more talented flyer than me, but I couldn't agree more with the quality of the flight. I haven't had the experience you have with other planes except on the simulators, but this thing flies every bit as well as the yak on the 3.5 does. I couldn't have been more impressed with it. I know my buddy has 4-5,000 invested in his 40%, but I really can't imagine wanting more (maybe one day).

For $500 in the air, can't beat it. ( I did get a good deal on my saito, resulsts may vary
Old 02-13-2009, 11:33 PM
tIANci

Good to see you guys really enjoyed the plane. I hope the 120 sized Extra flies as well. Will be maidening one soon, the one my pal took from me.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Jimeni

Youre right, it does fly alot like the yak on realflight, hahaha.

The Saito 100 is the only glow engine I have left. With this plane, and now the Aeroworks 60-90 size yak and extra, I plan to keep it. I wish I would have kept my Saito 125 also, would of had to try it in this plane at least once. Just goes to show ya, never ever sell a Saito.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Jimeni

Some Pal, did you whip him for taking it?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:47 PM
tIANci

Jimeni ... actually 2 of them took it from me, I got in 2, 1 was for me to make into EP. So now I need to get a couple more.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:43 AM
trpastor

Hey Guys

I put my saito inverted as many of you have. Did any of you use an onboard glow warmer or whatever it is, or any kind of fuel regulator? I'm just wondering if it may be an issue with this plane/tank level? Since I'm having some possible issues with idliling (I'm going to try the glow plug first of course).

Thanks
Tim
Old 02-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Jimeni

I did not use an onboard glow driver, just a remote driver. No regulator, but that might be an issue, I was having idling issues as well. I thought it was just the cold temperature, and me not feeling like messing with it though. Will know when it gets warm. It did not die on me though, I had it very rich.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:02 PM
trpastor

Yeah, me too. I guess we'll see, like you said.

Anyone else? Inverted? Have to do anything special? I've heard some with inverted 100's with other planes saying yes, but I think it has to do with how HIGH the tank is
Old 02-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Blazer1
My Feedback: (1)

I have the tank in my Extra 330 right in front of the wing tube and even with the throttle servo and in the beginning was having idle issues with my .82a Saito. After several tanks it is doing much better, I also made a loop in the fuel line feeding the carb. to prevent siphoning when I remove the line from the carb. for refueling, I think this my have helped the idle also.

This plane is really good at attracting attention. The first time I arrived at the field with this plane I spent the first 30 minutes answering questions,.....most of them have never even heard of Fliton. This plane really stands out in the company of Four Star Forties, Ultra Sticks and Kadet Seniors.

I really want to like this plane but the problems I am having with it have left me a bit "sour". I have ironed out a few problems and hope to take it back to the field tomorrow and fly it again.

I am still in bad need of a canopy! If anyone has a canopy new or used in good condition I will buy it!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:53 PM
trpastor

Hey Blazer,

Don't fret, you'll get it worked out, and I'm sure there is someway to get creative with the canopy. Hell, take a 2 liter bottle and a heat gun maybe??! I dunno

It does suck you can't get replacement parts. Mine would have come off 2 if I hadn't taped it at hte last second before flight.

does fly great though
Old 02-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Falcon32

Hi Guys

For the inverted Saito 100 I used a cline regulator.
No siphoning, no dead sticks (unless you run out of fuel) no problem.

Falcon
Old 02-15-2009, 09:27 PM
DustinB

ORIGINAL: Blazer1

I am still in bad need of a canopy! If anyone has a canopy new or used in good condition I will buy it!!!
http://www.flitonstore.com/catalog/i...19e828bb2e2bc0
Old 02-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Blazer1
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: DustinB

ORIGINAL: Blazer1

http://www.flitonstore.com/catalog/i...19e828bb2e2bc0

Yea, I ordered from them back in October, before I found out that it was not a real store, just a front for a bunch of crooks.[:@] Google that store and you will find a long list of people they stole from.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Nitro-Tom

Yup....you're right about that!

Have to called 866-321-2800

advantage hobby

www.advantagehobby.com

They say they are getting in a container any week, and I know it has been a long time....I have been waiting for a Cowl and a new Kit since Oct. as well, But we can only hope they get the goods and the "real" fliton guys get back in the grove here......of supplying the U.S.A.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.