Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Sig Somethin Xtra 3D SETUP

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Sig Somethin Xtra 3D SETUP

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 02:25 PM
flyerGR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Somethin Xtra 3D SETUP

Greetings.

I just got a used SE from a friend of mine.

The plane has an Irvine 53 on it and i fly it with a 12x6 or 12x7.5 APC prop.

I want you to advice me what prop to use to give it a little more life(it is slow, loops are big, rols are slow)
and what setup(throws... etc) to do to have 3d ability of that plane, if there is any.The plane can hover at all?

Thank you.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Dennis Tampa FL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Somethin Xtra 3D SETUP

The Sig SE is kind of old news, critized for not having large enough control surfaces ie, too small a rudder and being too heavy sometimes, after getting light profile planes like the Sledge and Burritto I havent put my SE ARF together goint to sell it when I get the time.

But be assured the plane is a great flyer, just not as capable as some want it to be.

Just search the SE, Sig, Something Extra, words here and you will find many posts on how to make it better, Id put a 12.25 x 3.75 Fun Fly APC prop on it as many in the past prefered this on the setup you have.

Consider putting a larger rudder by about 2 inches on it.

When you get a chance, get a Profile from Extreme Flight, Ohio Model Products, or Accell Hobbies, ARF are available there and great Kits from SwanysHouse.com or Morris Hobbies, These will get ya the Fix ya Need :-).

Have fun, Dennis