Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Genesis pattern plane

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Genesis pattern plane

Old 03-08-2005, 11:20 PM
flyboy91
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Genesis pattern plane

Here is the new Genesis from chip. I got the plane and all I can say is wow. It is awesome. Here are some pictures of it after about 5 minutes out of the box.

Andrew Jesky
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54236.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	240804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13306.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	240805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12340.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	240806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke91461.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	240807  
Old 03-09-2005, 09:52 AM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Genesis pattern plane

Done yet LOL
Steve Maxwell
Old 03-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Mike Wiz
My Feedback: (2)

Wow. Good lookin' bird!

I see a big Hacker C50 and some bigger Thunder Power Lipos in one picture too.
That ought to be a potent combination!

Wiz
Old 03-10-2005, 05:37 PM
TeamFutaba02

Andrew,

It flies even better than it looks. I have about 8 flights on mine and it is incredible. Mine is a little tail heavy and it is still unbelievable. You are setting yours up for electric so I hpe Chip gave you a taller gear. Mine is a low rider with only a 17" prop. You will really be amazed how true this thing is in the air.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:32 PM
flyboy91

Trent,

I wasnt to sure about the gear myself. I thought they might be low. I will look into possible taller gear. I cant wait to fly it I am hoping in the next few weeks I can get it going. Mr. Hyde sent my mounts out today(Merle) so I hope to have them monday or Tuesday then start working on them.

Mike,

I am pretty excited about the electric first time doing it, I seen Marks plane at Arizona and it was incredible.

Andrew
Old 03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks Great Andrew. Are you planning on completely going E-Power for all of your pattern planes?

It will be good to see you and the crew in Toledo!

Keep in touch
Anthony

P.S. School is killing me.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Mike Wiz

ORIGINAL: flyboy91
Mike,

I am pretty excited about the electric first time doing it, I seen Marks plane at Arizona and it was incredible.

Andrew
I'm going to give pattern a try this summer with a much smaller (40 size plane). It too is electric. It's called the E-Sport-10. It's nothing fancy, but I'm looking forward trying pattern with it just the same. I'm using a Plettenberg Orbit 20-18 and Thunder Power 4S3P. I'm told this is also a potent combination for it's size.

BTW, I have my ETOC tickets in hand and am looking forward to watching you and all the top pilots down in Toldeo.

Cheers,

Wiz
Old 03-11-2005, 07:35 PM
rnav

Andrew that thing looks badass. I should be getting mine next week. I dont think I have ever been so excited about a airplane. I konw you are going with the Hacker up front, but I am going to try the YS 160. I Cant wait to hang out this summer and learn from one of the best.

Jeffrey Heitman
Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
saddler
My Feedback: (93)

"I like tater tots!"
Old 03-12-2005, 12:16 AM
flyboy91

Anthony,

I am just experimenting with electric. I think it may be the way to go soon though. It will be good to see you at the Toledo show. Hopefully I will be able to chat a little more.

Mike,

I hope you do try some pattern it is very fun to fly not so fun to watch. If you see me at the ETOC just stop me and say hey. I shouldnt be to zoned out for that contest. Hope to see you and talk to ETOC.

Jeff,

I was looking a little more tonight at the Plane. I am so excited to get it done. I will hopefully have it flying by Toledo. We are going to fly the Yak the sunday of Toledo if the weather is nice and plane is complete we can fly both.

LOL good one sean,

How your robart retracts coming for the jet( That is all I have to say)

Andrew
Old 03-12-2005, 03:04 PM
deweyd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean I heard your new job is going well.. I got a sneak peak at your new corporate airplane.. lol.. Hows it been..

Andrew that plane is Nice with a (C) hehehe . I'll come over and see that thing soon.. dewey

Name:	Tr49090.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	242682  
Old 03-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Is that your Airknocker Dewey?
Old 03-13-2005, 10:59 AM
saddler

Andrew: Gear will be here on monday or tuesday so[sm=bananahead.gif]

Dewey: Yeah new job going well. Working a lot but i'm home almost every night! Oh by the way, i found a picture of the ramp at your job...

Name:	Zx71561.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	243164  
Old 03-13-2005, 08:15 PM
F3AFlyer7

Andrew,

Lookin good I like it a lot. Cant wait till the season starts.....only 1 contest for me before the NATS (not goin to Jasper) [:@] so this year will definitly be interesting.

Did you get my e-mail by the way??

C-yaz in Toledo

Scott
Old 03-13-2005, 10:22 PM
flyboy91

Scott,

Yea I know the feeling about 1 contest. I dont think I can hit any before the Nationals unless I go out of district and do some flying because xfc weekend is shootout weekend. I did get your email sorry for not replying. I am running around with my head cut off it seems like. It would be greatly appreciated if you could help at Toledo. I will let you know when I am going to need some help then we can go from there. I am hopefully going to fly this plane in the next few weeks I hope. Maybe after Toledo do a flight on it. We will have to see. My brother and I were looking at it a little more tonight and it is sweet looking the quality is top notch. I have not seen another that has this good of quality. PL planes dont match it now.

Andrew
Old 03-14-2005, 07:42 AM
patternrules
My Feedback: (6)

Theres always Hoffman contest in Chicago.
Steve
Old 03-14-2005, 04:02 PM
F3AFlyer7

Andrew:

What's Chip going to sell those for? And also about the Yak, my dad said if you can bring it to Toledo we will take it off your hands. Thanks for the offer! The price we discussed is perfect.

Steve:

Is it in lower Chicago? If it's not too far maybe I can make it. Also when is it?
Old 03-14-2005, 06:14 PM
flyboy91

Steve,

Very true I forgot about that contest. I might have to go there.

Scott,

I think the arf like you see it with motor mount and bb control horns and tail wheel will be selling for around 2000 which I think is a great price as it would be more to buy a kit and have someone build it. Many can build the plane but I dont think the quality will be the same.

Andrew Jesky
Old 03-14-2005, 08:44 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, The Tri Village RCer's annual contest is July 2nd and 3rd. It's held at our field in Hoffman Estates Il. 60194
Contest director is Frank DelGuidice and Mickey Losardo. This contest gets better every year and this time is going to be big! We have a number of new flyers attending and I think we could have 35 fliers. The competition will be tough and this is a great Nats warmup.
Our field has been givin an overhaul over the winter and we are extended out to the west and there have been a great number of trees removed, This is something that Steve Maxwell will fully appreciate.
Bobby Satalino will be hosting a free Saturday night party that is always fun.

Pattern is really looking up here in the Midwest. We could have some really good fliers entering the field this year. Some from IMAC and some former great ones coming in. Dave Snow is really excited about the upcoming season and he has an Electric Impact (AXI)ready to go also.

We have added a new contest in St Charles Ill a western suburb of Chicago. On the 1st weekend of August. The Cd's at this contest will be Mel Ziska and Chris Moon. It will be held at one of the finest new facilitys in the US. an 800 ft. paved runway and totally wide open flat space with shelters. If you know anyone that wants to travel just a little than please pass on the word.
We are also working on a possible move to D4 so we will need to attend each others contests for the points championships.
Let's support each others contests, Have a great season, Mike Mueller
Old 03-16-2005, 12:14 AM
saddler

Hey Jerome, got the Euro on the gear tonight...wanna place bets on who gets their airplane done first???? Anyway, saw your plane tonight with the rudder covered and hinged along with the new additions to the pilot....looks pretty bad***! When you gonna get back down here? Lots of servos to install in that bird!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:10 AM
flyboy91

Sean,

That is cool you got your euro gear. After only how many months? I dont think I can take that bet up with you as I have to much stuff going on right now but I can promise you that the plane will be done before Toledo.
So the Yak looks pretty Bad***? Jones said he doubted me on the color scheme but he likes it now that it is all done. I am thinking about coming down next weekend and doing all the servos and what ever is left with you guys.

Andrew
Old 03-16-2005, 08:22 AM
saddler

Yeah i wasn't sure about the color scheme either but it looks pretty awesom on the Yak, even better than on the Extra in my opinion. Hopefully Dave will get you the Pro-link and servo extension lengths so you can get those! Should go pretty fast from there. Maybe we'll be able to take the Euro for a test drive it the weather is decent.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:23 AM
saddler

Message posted twice for some reason, can't explain it but it happened... Disregard this one!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:36 AM
flyboy91

Yea I will try and get a hold of Jones today and see what he has to say probably pretty busy lately with work though. You at his house now or you at yours? If the yak is done I am taking it out Sunday of Toledo to go and fly that thing. I hope the weather is nice.

Andrew
Old 03-20-2005, 12:48 AM
flyboy91

Trent,

I am getting to the point on this plane to install the batteries. Where are you balancing at now and where do you think it needs to be as you said it is tail heavy? If you could help me out that would be appreciated.

Andrew

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.